Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Deviated septum question  (Read 117 times)

Offline DaxeUK

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Deviated septum question
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:20:50 AM »
Hi,

For a good part of my life i have suffered a crooked nose - its only in the last year i've actually noticed it but i am told my girlfriend that its been their for a long time.

Up my right nostril is a big red mass that fills 90% of the space from the midline centre - after today my ENT told me he believes it to be a deviated septum. Does a deviated septum look red like that? i thought it was a thin bit of bone, not red mass.

What i went away asking myself is, if this is the case then why does my external nose lean to the left rather than the same way as the deviated septum??? Is this normal? I dont really know what i am worrying about but maybe the mass isnt what he says as i would imagine it would go the same way as my external nose?

He tells me a deviated septum is common - anyone shread any light on this so i can have some peace. :spineyes:
I am being refered to a specalist to consider septoplasty to help with my breathing

Many thx  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Deviated septum question
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 07:00:53 AM »
I had a septoplasty back in 1995 due to a deviated septum that I had no idea that I had!  My symptoms were just constant stuffiness on the right side and chronic sinus infections and pain.  I don't remember what the inside of my nose actually looked like and I don't believe there was any sign of it externally.

I will tell you,however, that the surgery was very helpful!  I was in and out in a matter of hours and I'm very glad I did it.  It helped me immensely.

Sorry I cannot remember more. 
Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Offline DaxeUK

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Deviated septum question
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:59:05 AM »
Thanks for your reply - to be honest i am terrified it will effect the apperance of my nose so i bet i wont go for it but will listen to what they say.
It is wonky a bit but i dont really notice it nor do others even tho when i point it out people go "oh yea so you have" lol
My main worries are is if that red thing is normal (apart from the deviation) and should the nose go the other way really when the deviation is in the opposite direction - im sure they is a techinical reason :D

very glad your all ok! it certainly does pay sometimes to get things in order so your quality of life can be better  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: