Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: falling sensation, but while sitting????  (Read 83 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
falling sensation, but while sitting????
« on: August 21, 2014, 08:30:57 PM »
Hi everyone. Just like to post every now and again to see if anyone ever figured out the cause of their twitching. I have had benign fasciculations for 17 months now, body wide. Worst place has always been my face for them to happen. Hyper-reflexia on exam. Normal EMG, normal MRI. I saw neuro one time and he said it's post-infectious BFS, eventually it should stop. Well it never stopped but is a whole lot better than from when i first got it. I've come to the conclusion i will probably have it forever. I have family history of MS in my dad, his sister, and her daughter. They have never had fasiculations, just to put people's mind at ease. I've been experiencing a new thing for 2 days, and i guess it's just all part of this lovely benign syndrome. It is a falling sensation, like falling off a cliff, but i don't get nausea and the room isn't spinning, it's a very weird feeling. I occasionally get this when i first fall asleep, it's called a hypnic jerk... it happened to me the other night and i bit my tongue causing it to bleed and that hurt! But ive never experienced it while awake. Im not going to do anything but if it continues then i will make appt with neurologist, though i suspect it is just all benign strange things. By the way, i developed BFS shortly after getting salmonella and norovirus at the same time (positive stool test) lucky me lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: falling sensation, but while sitting????
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:33:43 PM »
oh but i forgot to say the falling sensation happens a few seconds after i sit down so it is happening while i am sitting
Bookmark and Share

Tags: