Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Any nurses or anyone that can help reassure me  (Read 161 times)

Offline eileendunhen

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Any nurses or anyone that can help reassure me
« on: August 21, 2014, 05:30:25 PM »
I'm 32 years old and have postpartum anxiety. I wondering if anyone can ease my mind. I'm terrified I'm having a heart attack. I've had 3 EKG in the last two weeks all normal, and I also had lots of blood work, chest xray and chest cat scan cause I was so terrified. Can anyone tell me if this is enough to tell I have a healthy heart and can just treat it has anxiety?? I'm having a really hard time with it thanks in advance! Also three doctors told me everything looks great
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any nurses or anyone that can help reassure me
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:49:40 PM »
If 3 doctors told you that you are fine then you are fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 06:01:27 PM »
Hi Eileen,

Unfortunately no one here is trained to answer your question.  The people you can count on for those answers are your doctors and they have told you that you are fine.  If there was a problem, they would have found it with all that testing.

I also went through the postpartum anxiety.  I was terrified for weeks after I gave birth.  I think the hormones play a huge role in the feelings I had.  I talked to my therapist almost daily for the first week.  I know it is scary and your body just went through a lot, but remember that your body did just go through a lot and it came through it all just fine.  Use this as proof that your heart is strong and that you are going to be ok.   Try some slow deep breathing to help calm your system as well.  Accept what your doctors have assured you and accept that it is anxiety.  I remember what those fears were like right after having my son.  It will pass and you will be ok.  You are much stronger than you think.  Hang in there.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:30:40 PM »
Have to agree with the previous posts that all the tests and 3 medical professionals have given you the all clear. I don't know what anyone could say on an anxiety board that would further reinforce medical science. Now, concerning the postpartum... That's definitely something to speak to your doctor about. My ex went through that after our daughter was born and it was brutal for all involved.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:02:34 PM »
Are you having chest pain? Are you saying you just had a baby? I assume if that is the case you are getting hardly any sleep? NO sleep makes your chest muscles tired, and it hurts every time you breathe, like an elephant is sitting on your chest, like a crushing feeling or tightness. That, and combined with cradling a baby and nursing or posture issues from how you are sitting, combined with hormones going back to normal... is gonna make you feel nuts and that's ok. It will pass, just takes time. Most important thing is just to have a strong support system around you. AND you deserve a nap and time to yourself, even though you may get the good old mom "guilty" feeling if you do nap. But you need your strength. I would say have someone come over so you can rest for a few hours as much as possible :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: