Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of symptoms? I read Ebola symps. REGRET!  (Read 87 times)

Offline LouiseThomy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared of symptoms? I read Ebola symps. REGRET!
« on: August 21, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »
I'm 19 and live in Spain, never been to Africa or anywhere where it's being passed around.
I have stomach cramps and overall weakness, I couldn't go to work today. (14:00h-1:30am shifts; 6 days) I get about 4-5h sleep every night.
I feel exhausted like I can't carry on, tired constantly, no energy, hard to even bother to grab something to eat or drink and we're in a heatwave!

I'm worried that this is more serious than first thought, had this now for nearly 3 days...

Someone help?  :(
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of symptoms? I read Ebola symps. REGRET!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 03:35:02 PM »
Could be anxiety, could be a regular cold/flu. How could you have possibly gotten ebola?
Bookmark and Share

Online RosaTudorRose

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Hypochondriac to the extreme
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of symptoms? I read Ebola symps. REGRET!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:00:57 PM »
Were it ebola, you would have been getting much worse and by now you probably would not have the strength to be using a computer or phone. I've noticed that, during heat waves, I become more drowsy as well (especially now that we're in the middle of one; hello 100 degree temperatures!). Mainly because it's more difficult to sleep when you're sweating and constantly tossing and turning!

You're not sleeping much, nor eating or drinking much so that's probably also why you feel bad! Seriously, force yourself to at least grab some water and maybe some crackers or soup. My mom gets on me when I refuse to eat or drink when my stomach is upset because she knows it makes me feel worse and she's right. Not to mention the combination of little water + heat wave isn't a very good one.

Unless you are working with an ebola patient or have been to Guinea, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, or Liberia, then your chances of having ebola is zero. It could be anxiety (since anxiety causes ALL sorts of symptoms, read here http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,89766.0.html ), a stomach bug, or both. But it isn't ebola.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: