Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: feel like popcorn kernel stuck in throat?  (Read 405 times)

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: feel like popcorn kernel stuck in throat?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 09:51:13 PM »
Thank you :) my throat and neck in general just feels weird but im sure a lot of it is my fault (eg touching it and  doing weird things).
Bookmark and Share

Offline ckelley116

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 07:03:55 AM »
I have LPR (a form of acid reflux) - when it flares up, I feel stuff in my throat, too. It's either a globus (totally benign muscle reaction to the throat irritation) or lymphoid tissue flaring up. Both conditions are benign.  Treat your acid reflux and it will go away.

This.  Often anxious people have reflux...and reflux gives all sorts of sensations.  I get the foreign body sensation in the throat often because I also have LPR.

I third the LPR. I have it too and one of my very first symptoms (which, incidentally, coincided with my very first bout of HA) was the popcorn-kernel sensation. I actually made the back of my tongue bleed digging around with my fingernail to try and dig out whatever was stuck there. But of course, it was nothing - just acid reflux! Really annoying, but totally harmless.
Bookmark and Share
"Fate only takes you so far. Once you're there, it's up to you to make it happen."

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 07:07:19 AM »
Sounds like a tonsil stone.  When they get bigger they feel exactly like you are saying.  What I do is bring my shoulder up real hard to my neck and take the side of my tongue and rub it on my bottom teeth (very hard to describe!) and try to PRESS it out.  It usually works.  Sometimes I have to do it on and off for a few days.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smitten

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 12:09:11 AM »
I've had that same feeling on and off for a few months now. My doctor says it's mucous drainage when I describe the feeling that something is "stuck" in my throat.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything