Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Trouble finding words/saying the wrong words  (Read 175 times)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Trouble finding words/saying the wrong words
« on: August 21, 2014, 04:27:59 AM »
For the last week I have had some weird problems. I have been having headaches and pressure on and off and a dizzy drunk feeling. I have had an MRI and CT scan in the past (beginning of this year) and both were normal just showing a mucocele in my sinus which is like a build up of snot! (sorry TMI) and unless it causes headaches over the left eye where the mucocele is, it wouldn't be an issue (that's not primarily where I get my headaches). Now I have been having trouble finding words and I am terrified I have something severely wrong.

I keep saying the wrong words or saying them the wrong way round (like flat cap rather than cat flap!)and am really searching for the word before I say it. The more i'm aware of this the worse it's becoming and I am so scared I have something neurologically wrong. I know the sinus issue couldn't cause this, it could cause the pressure possibly and diziness but has anyone else experienced this word finding issue? I am trying to tell myself it's anxiety but how many more symptoms am I going to get.

I keep posting lately because I am terrified and fed up and just really struggling to cope right now.
Bookmark and Share

Online lilian

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trouble finding words/saying the wrong words
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:06:14 AM »
i think that way too i have some mild headache and i m afraid of talking because of saying wrong words!!i dont know it sbecause of anxiety or sth more!!poo...f
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:13:01 AM »
tripping over and saying words incorrectly is such a FUN thing.   ::)

when I go through spurts of that, I feel like an idiot. 

recognize this is quite common with stress/anxiety.  Sometimes it just happens.  Either way it definitely gets worse when a person attaches something sinister to it.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Natsab87

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 07:55:48 AM »
Thanks for your replies. I just find that everyday I am getting a new symptom. I am attaching this to something awful because that's how my brain is working right now (or not!). I feel strange and wobbly right now like I am swaying at my desk :-(
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:32:42 AM »
yep anxiety/stress has a wide range of ways to muck you up.

what are you doing to work on your thinking disorder??  what is working?  what isn't?   Remember we can be doing all kinds of good things--therapy, meds (for some), hobbies, community service, engaging in life, exercise, eating right, yoga, meditation etc.  If we are doing all the reactive stuff--googling, monitoring, self testing, seeking repeat reassurance, going to doc all of the time, obsessing over how we feel--- it makes it darned near impossible for the good stuff to get a good foothold.    Many say they are doing everything and nothing works.  Often they are doing some good things but they are pretty much flushing the good down the toilet  by doing the reactive stuff.

I certainly know it is hard.  but we have to remember that getting better isn't the 50yd dash.  it is a marathon..  no one gets better in a few hours or over night.  it will take weeks and months of doing good stuff before we are likely to see progress.  It is just like dieting to lose 20 pounds.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »
also.....

what caused all of this stuff in the first place--the symptoms?   that can be complicated.  we all have our quirky personalities, we all have  genetic predispositions to things.  Many of us have less than optimal childhoods to contend with.  we all have life experiences that can bite us in the bum.     

In other words once you get your symptoms in check--meaning once your mind and body have calmed down and you can see things more clearly-- then deal with what gets your anxious motor running.......  is it just a bunch of stressful stuff piled up on you all it once.  is it a type a personality that gets you going?  Is it stuff you've pushed under the rug that hasn''t been dealt with adequately that comes billowing out?    Often health anxiety isn't about diseases.  it is often a cover.  we've decided dying from  X is easier than dealing with abuse or, bad relationship or bad job or financial issues....   bizarre yes!  but our minds,  they are quirky
Bookmark and Share

Offline dltnwls

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »
Dear user,

I'm a recovering headcase. I had a phase of hypochondria 3 years ago, and it was very severe. I couldn't sleep, I was screwing up my grades and had mild depression symptoms due to thinking about death constantly.
One day however, after researching for a very long time about psychological desorders, I decided that i would put an end to it myself. For we must not forget, that in the end, we are in control of our own mind. I started working out, going out more often, and now I'm even studying medicine!

I have not recovered completely though, It's my nature to worry, so I will never get rid of it completely, but I can promise you: You can make your life so much better: The power is in your hands.
Generally when people have an actual desease, it's so severe that other people have to notice it FOR you. Go out, have some fun, find love and you'll notice that your symptoms decrease.
and when that happesn: that's when you realise it was all in your head. I wish you good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 12:39:46 PM »
Thanks six pack for your reply. It all started last November. I've always been a worrier just generally about my boyfriend not about me. An ex boyfriend who I knew when younger died after having a heart attack running the Dublin marathon and he was my age (27). It shocked me and I then developed headaches daily and convinced myself I had a brain tumour. I couldn't eat, couldn't concentrate, couldn't enjoy anything, lost weight and was generally a mess. I went to ER with tingling face and arms and was told I had high bp probably from worrying. This coincided with starting a new job as a cardiology secretary. I went to work every day but all I could think about was a tumour. I had a ct and MRI as mentioned and was reassured all was ok; gradually the headaches went. I had cbt but didn't really get on with it as everything she said I already knew; I just can't seem to change my thought processes.

Past things that are affecting me is that my childhood friend died 3 years ago of a heart problem whilst in labour, my sisters ex boyfriend got electrocuted and died on the railway when I was about 12 on Xmas eve and also I had a bad relationship with my ex bf (not the one who ran marathon) for six years when he cheated on me a lot and made me insecure.

I have developed a heart worry now, probs due to the past experiences and my job. I get arm pains and chest pains and palps. Had an ECG and echo and told I have bigeminy and trigeminy which are normal apparently and mild regurgitation which is nothing major. I'm waiting a cardiology appt for a review.

I just can't seem to find myself. I am someone different and I hate her. I'm on edge, I'm getting headaches again, I'm feeling dizzy, tired, stuttering and just not enjoying life.

I want to go back to the gym but I'm scared as I haven't been reassured heart wise and my head hurts most days so I guess the gym won't help! I just don't know where to go from here! I'd happily try medication but not sure what meds are best with the least side effects as I don't want more symptoms to worry about!

To the outside Im normal but I am living in a bubble 😔
Bookmark and Share

Offline Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 03:31:48 PM »
Wow this really sounds a lot like what I have been going through these past few months/year or so. It's been so hard. All the can't find words, can't read/write correctly stuff. Lack of sleep. Worry all the time. Sinus migraines. I went to the neuro last year and he just did an office eval and I did not get a scan though I had a brain scan back in 2008 which was fine. I had a nervous breakdown last summer and I'm still recovering. Mentally, I went down the toilet. I had extreme symptoms and it's so hard to shake it all. I get the brain fog, constant sleepiness and feeling like I'm in a dream. I get the weird sensations in my face, too! When I worry about something I also don't eat etc.

You have had a lot going on, a lot weighing on your mind. I think both of us need a BREAK from this stuff. It's really much too much for one mind to handle. Thing is I don't yet know the "answer" to it. I'm still looking, trying everything. Just CBT doesn't help. (I have also had the heart worries and symptoms and dozens of tests.)

I'm not sure what can help us. I just know that I think the mind is exhausted with worry.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Tags: