Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm sure lots of us HYPOS have been having ALS fears = me  (Read 148 times)

Offline Storyweaver

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm sure lots of us HYPOS have been having ALS fears = me
« on: August 21, 2014, 03:55:06 AM »
As the country is trying to gain donations for ALS - which I am thankful for, although I wish we could do it in a way that didn't waste water - I am sure some of us have been thinking about ALS tonight. The idea popped in my mind because for the last month I've been having cramping in my upper arms, wrists, and face. The facial cramping is the absolute worst. Its scary in my arms too. I also have been getting numbness in the tongue, and pins and needles feelings throughout my body. I am almost 24. Guys, does this sound like ALS? :( It really is the scariest disease ever to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LadyH

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm sure lots of us HYPOS have been having ALS fears = me
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:38:27 AM »
Hi Storyweaver,
I agree, it's the scariest disease & it's the one that I am so paranoid & focused on myself.
It's great that the media are bringing awareness and raising some money for a worthy cause, but it is obviously tough for us & a bit of a constant reminder. It will pass soon & they'll be on to something else :)

What you have hear doesn't sound at all like ***. Pins and needles, nothing to do with *** and wide spread cramping etc. not at all! Sounds like a cut & tried case of anxiety & tension to me :)

I hope you're having a good day so far, and if not that it get's better :)
Hx
Bookmark and Share

Online Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm sure lots of us HYPOS have been having ALS fears = me
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 04:38:27 PM »
Hello story I think the als ice bucket challenge is a great thing it's raising a lot of money and awareness a lot of ppl have heard of it but don't really know the horror that it entails, I did it and donated. Moving on als is a desease of profound weakness limb or bulbar onset. It involves motor neurons and from what u describe your experiencing sensory neuron issues I.e. The tingling and pain. The cramping in als is from the muscle dying the pain is excruciating and in most cases the person has to go to the hosp to get medicated to ur cramp them and at thAt time u pretty much know ur in trouble. Anxiety, nerves neurpathies maybe als no, ur fine have a great day
Bookmark and Share

Tags: