Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dentist phobia.  (Read 105 times)

Offline Shayden

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Dentist phobia.
« on: August 20, 2014, 11:56:01 PM »
I have a major phobia about going to the dentist, I made an appt to go because of my annoying painless popping jaw on my left side, all because I grinded my teeth at night.

I am SO scared to go..  I do not want one of the dentists telling me i need surgery or something like that, I think they'll just give me a mouth gaurd and i'll be on my way, hoping so..  :fragend005:

If I do have to get a mouth guard, do they take molds of your mouth? and does it take forever to recive the guard?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blondie1984

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dentist phobia.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »
Hi Shayden,

Looks like we're dentist phobe buddies. I just scheduled my appointment 30 mins ago and I'm pretty freaked out too.

My boyfriend has the mouth guard for grinding his teeth. They do take molds of your mouth, but it only lasts a few minutes and its painless. It took a week or so before he could go pick up the mouth guard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dentist phobia.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 02:43:20 PM »
You won't need surgery. And I would know, since I had all of my teeth root canaled, among other things. What you're gong for withh mostly consist of a few x-rays, jabbing at your teeth to make sure none are weak, and then being fitting for a mouth guard.

When you get fittied for it, the only part you have to worry about is the end. No matter how much it feels like its going to suck your teeth out of your jaw as they remove it, it won't. Doesn't hurt but its a very strange sensation. Only lasts a couple minutes though, and then its like it was never there.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: