Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Breast pain update  (Read 579 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breast pain update
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 10:02:14 PM »
So the pain seems to be coming back today. Just like last month :(. Hubby says get the imaging but I am so scared. Just read a bunch of stories from bc patients who had pain as a symptom and have freaked myself out.
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 212
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 11:32:17 AM »
Try your best to trust in your doctor and not read the online stories.  Anything you read regarding pain online is going to shot right to the negative.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 12:18:41 PM »
i feel ya, mct!

I have had an armpit lump and lymph nodes for a year and a half. My imaging has always come back good (these have been monitored fairly frequently), but the breast surgeon is sending me for a PET/CT on Tuesday since they have been there so long. Being refererred for testing is always anxiety inducing!

If I were you, I'd just get the imaging. Cyclical pain is not cancer but this way you can rule it out!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 30
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 03:28:30 PM »
Regarding those cancer horror stories, keep in mind that you're reading a small fractional percentage of the truth online. The thousands (maybe millions) of women who have painful breasts, but no cancer don't post online. And the women who found a lump, got a cancer diagnosis and recovered completely also don't tend to post online. You're basing your fear on a handful of stories out of billions of women worldwide - stories, I might add, where you don't have all of the information. That would be like being afraid to eat pretzels because a couple of people have choked and died eating them. Can it happen?  Sure. Will it happen to you?  Probably not.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: