Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cough for a month - worried about anything and everything.  (Read 638 times)

Offline messysai

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cough for a month - worried about anything and everything.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 07:52:11 PM »
Thanks a lot for your reply. Trying to relax. Going to the hospital tomorrow morning for my chest X-Ray as soon as possible. I'm so nervous I could probably cry. I've been like this before each doctor's visit, too, before he tells me that I'm fine. One issue for me is that it's a new GP for me and he doesn't seem to give a proper thorough check as my old one. He didn't check my throat the first two times, merely checked my breathing and asked about my symptoms. I'm sure if I had something crazy like cancer (awful thoughts, I know) though my symptoms would have gotten worse rather than slightly better, though. The annoying thing about anxiety is that you start to question everything and it starts to effect the way you live naturally.

And I'm sorry to hear you've had anxiety for so long. If it's woken you up and it's been a week I'd definitely suggest going to see a doctor about that. Just to put your mind at ease. After each doctor's visit I definitely seemed to calm down for a considerable amount of time. I think when I run out of a solution (antibiotics first, cough syrup afterwards) and the problem is still there that I start to question if it's something worse than expected.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: