Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 58 times)

Offline Nixey93

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« on: August 20, 2014, 05:01:32 PM »
Hello=) My name is Nicola and I am new to this website. I am 21 years old and I suffer from Generalized Social Anxiety Disorder and ADD and I thought joining this website would help me because I can talk with people who have similar issues.

Here is my story. When I was young I was a bit shy and had a bit of separation anxiety and had a introverted personality. But when I reached grade 6 bigger problems started to arrive. I don't know why but I separated myself from my good friends and started to stick around with this one girl named Caitlyn. I don't really know the reasons of to why I began to close myself off from others and became more self conscious at that time. This girl was very controlling and thinking back now was emotionally abusive. She said she would be angry if I when to this other girls birthday party because she didn't like her,etc...Once I got to grade 8 more friends appeared and I still hanged out with the abusive girl. Being a follower, I followed along with this group of friends and my image became the not very smart friend. This was a fake image I made for myself in order to get attention and acceptance from my so called friends. I can't believe I did that looking back on that now. I decided to share that I had ADD with Caitlyn, but she went and told everyone else I had ADD. This further solidified my dumb image. As I went through grades 9 and 10, Caitlyn and my other friends were bullies to me. This stuff that I went through during school I believe was the main cause of my social anxiety. I do not trust people very easily. I only have one very good friend I have known for 9 years and even then I don't fully trust her yet.

I am going to councelling for my social anxiety disorder because it was causing me problems in my university schooling. I want to become a teacher but with my social anxiety it is going to be very hard for me. I really want to get better!

I think this website will be very good for me because it allows me to feel that I am not alone, that other people fear similar things with their social anxiety(^o^)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:18:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: