Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach virus??? Not convinced scared help!  (Read 115 times)

Offline BriR

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach virus??? Not convinced scared help!
« on: August 20, 2014, 03:55:02 AM »
I feel horrible, apparently its a stomach virus. I went to the doctor on monday and she promised me it was just a stomach virus and told me to trust her. But I feel sick, I want to throw up but I just can't. I ate some noodle soup today (yesterday actually) only and drank some water. I managed to keep it down. I was feeling slightly better all day today and I also didn't go through several panic attacks like yesterday  but once its night time I start feeling bad again!!
I am getting bad stomach aches but its more of the nausea, and my stomach is growling a lot.
I woke up with a headache today, it was gone all day yesterday but i woke up with the weird head pains again. So obviously i think all of this is somehow related to a bt!! My thoughts are stupid I know!! But being a hypochondriac I think the worst!!

Someone ever go through this? I know a friend whose going through the same stomach virus, and i know its probably going around. But I'm super scared. My doctor is checking up on me a lot so im going back in the morning  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline BriR

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach virus??? Not convinced scared help!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 04:00:21 AM »
And i freaking start school tomorrow I'm honestly not ready at all. I dont want to go back all sick, with recurring panic attacks, and obsessive thoughts about my health that will obviously distract me from learning.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:32:44 AM »
I feel horrible, apparently its a stomach virus. I went to the doctor on monday and she promised me it was just a stomach virus and told me to trust her. But I feel sick, I want to throw up but I just can't. I ate some noodle soup today (yesterday actually) only and drank some water. I managed to keep it down. I was feeling slightly better all day today and I also didn't go through several panic attacks like yesterday  but once its night time I start feeling bad again!!
I am getting bad stomach aches but its more of the nausea, and my stomach is growling a lot.
I woke up with a headache today, it was gone all day yesterday but i woke up with the weird head pains again. So obviously i think all of this is somehow related to a bt!! My thoughts are stupid I know!! But being a hypochondriac I think the worst!!

Someone ever go through this? I know a friend whose going through the same stomach virus, and i know its probably going around. But I'm super scared. My doctor is checking up on me a lot so im going back in the morning  :traurig001:

Have you actually vomited? Usually stomach viruses make you vomit. Not saying it isnt a stomach virus of course, there are different variations.

There is something else though, that can make you feel nauseous, kill your appetite and its usually worse at night. It is our good old friend anxiety. Especially if you are having panic attacks. Does your Doctor know about your anxiety? I went to my Doctor 2 weeks ago with the same symptoms you have and she told me it was just anxiety.

Basically when we get anxious, especially at the point of panic our bodies react like we are in grave danger. Our bodies think we need to fight or escape (fight or flight) and reacts accordingly. One of the many things it does is, it will divert blood from non essential organs and pump more blood to other organs and muscles. So while your legs and arms and even eyes (people having panic attacks pupils expand to allow more light in for them to see danger better - why looking at bright lights hurts during and after panic attacks) all become super charged our poor stomach gets the rough end of the deal and stops functioning at its peak. Decreased blood flow means decreased function so we feel nauseous. This also why Diarrhoea or even just a watery loose poop is so common during anxiety. Because you havent been able to digest properly because you have been drawing the blood away from your stomach. Head aches are also related to anxiety. You  put your body under so much stress with constant streams of adrenaline pumping that there is going to be pains after the come down.

Does your anxiety increase at night time? If yes then I think you have your answer.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline BriR

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 06:51:39 AM »
If saliva that looked like water, and a bit of stomach acid counts. Then yes I have, I did go to the doctor on monday. My panic attacks would not stop at all. She talked to a psychiatrist to see if it was okay to prescribe meds because I'm barely 15. She said  yes and told me to start them yesterday morning but i didn't because I still felt weird to my stomach.

I understand, but I'm just so afraid its something sinister, or what if it never goes away? Dumb thought i know but I've had this nausea almost 3 days now. Even though I felt a bit better the whole day on tuesday till nighttime I'm still thinking the worst. I just want the nausea to go away I can deal with anything else just not this.  And yes my anxiety is always at its peak in the afternoon or at night. Always. Yesterday it was on all day, but other than that its always bad at night.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:00:14 AM »
If saliva that looked like water, and a bit of stomach acid counts. Then yes I have, I did go to the doctor on monday. My panic attacks would not stop at all. She talked to a psychiatrist to see if it was okay to prescribe meds because I'm barely 15. She said  yes and told me to start them yesterday morning but i didn't because I still felt weird to my stomach.
Sounds more like Acid reflux to me, which again can be caused by anxiety.

I understand, but I'm just so afraid its something sinister, or what if it never goes away? Dumb thought i know but I've had this nausea almost 3 days now. Even though I felt a bit better the whole day on tuesday till nighttime I'm still thinking the worst. I just want the nausea to go away I can deal with anything else just not this.  And yes my anxiety is always at its peak in the afternoon or at night. Always. Yesterday it was on all day, but other than that its always bad at night.
We all are afraid its something more sinister. That they are missing something, that we didnt feel this way a year ago. But thats because we werent anxious to the levels we are now a year ago. When I had my bout of nausea I forced myself to eat. Simple foods, chicken breasts, peas, broccoli, no sauces and no salt. But I made sure I at least ate something at each meal of the day. Empty stomach will increase your anxiety so you need to start eating food. A few people on here pointed me towards magnesium and how a deficiency in magnesium can cause even more anxiety. If you havent eaten properly in 2 days your body will definitely be running on low. You need to start eating something.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Tags: