Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Afraid of ISIS and terrorism  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Afraid of ISIS and terrorism
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 09:42:34 AM »
I simply have my own site on Genocide and Global conflicts. So I tend to pay attention to certain aspects of the news. It is the only way a person can put such a site together. What laws we have in the west based on the Geneva Convention don't exist in countries within the middle east. Or best put, they simple ignore them. How often do we hear of one group of people wiping out another group in the same country. Just because of class or religious difference. In the west if you were to even brand certain groups with titles you would be told you were breaking certain laws. Simple way to put it is that we have laws we are forced to obey and they don't have the same laws they must obey. They answer to nobody at all. Then they demand their laws are allowed in our countries when they come here to live. As part of their tradition. I can see a future were people take the law into their own hands. First country I see this happening in is England. Thousands of Muslims there. Not mixed with the natives. They all live together. Speak their own language. People in England are getting fed up with it. If I was a betting man that would be the country I would bet on to take action against Muslims within their own country. That is the normal general public. Just going into Muslim areas and running riot. May as well include a link to my own site. Is one of five or six that I have.

http://www.spanglefish.com/WorldGenocide/
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 11:52:45 AM »
Cuch, I am completely blown away by your website. Such a mass of detailed information. How did you do all that research?

You deserve many Phd degrees for it. Must return to learn more. Were you motivated because of the at times brutal conflicts in Ireland? You need to sit on a commission designed to avert future genocides, to preserve peace, to avert the likely disaster in the 21st Century.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 12:50:41 PM »
Think when building such a site there has to be things that need to be written about. In other words it is a bit pointless saying I will make a site on Pins. Because there is only so much you can say about pins. So pick something that has lots worth writing about. History always interested me. Sad to say that much of what I wrote about will be the history of tomorrow. Many a film has been made on the topics I wrote about. Most of the Genocide in Africa have films made about them. Blood diamonds. Hotel Rwanda. Lord of War. Three I can think of off the top of my head. Last King of Scotland we could throw in there too. All African based and all about guns and Genocide. The Kid soldiers. 12-year-old's with AK-47's. I find it all interesting. But I don't just want to know of the fighting. I want to know of the history that lead us to the fighting. Then I like to write about it. Keeps me busy for a short while.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 02:17:56 PM »
How in the world could you write about such things and still preserve some sanity? I read a few, not sure how many others I can endure. Do have a fairly direct connection to one of them, but everything was shrouded in secrecy. Remember being asked on a date to see The Pawnbroker, so shocked at the flashbacks. Yet I went on, deluded myself, pretended I was an all-American teenager, even brought 2 into this world. Insanity.

What can we say about human beings? Is there any hope as the evil asserts itself again and again and again? The Armenian genocide was kept in great secrecy. Pol Pot was an educated man. I haven't gotten to Africa. How the evils grow into monsters is as complicated as anything on this planet. I sure could not stick with it as you did. Maybe you need to publish your work in a book to warn the world about what is churning in the Muslim world. They have factions in Africa too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 02:37:49 PM »
I believe the world knows what is going on around them. It is far easier if it is not happening on your own doorstep. People have turned a blind eye to so much over the years. It is kind of twisted in a sense. What we don't want to see we simply ignore. It doesn't effect us. But when you look at the likes of Iraq and the original invasion. We know now it was a war based on lies. The whole invasion. There never were any weapons of mass destruction. History has shown us that certain Governments get involved if it suits them to do so. Iraq is a modern example. Africa has a history of Genocide. Civil wars and loads more. Certain governments did go in to help out. Why? Was it really to help those dying? No. Diamonds. Hence that film ' Blood Diamonds '. Loads of these poor Countries in Africa are rich with diamonds. Fighting breaks out. Turns into civil war. Genocide begins. Once there is something to be gained from entering a country you will have offers from various bigger powers in the world. I will always say they don't go into these countries without personal gain.

As for Muslims. We all saw what the Nazi's did under Hitler. There are so many Muslims in the world today. All it would take is a good leader and we might have Nazi Germany all over again. But elsewhere this time. If one group of people were to take over the Middle East could you imagine what that could lead to. They have the numbers. They almost had the man to lead them too. Bin Laden. Thank God he was taken out of it. He was starting to gain more and more power. His biggest mistake was 9/11 and backing it. Imagine that never happened. He simply went about growing in numbers and in power right across the Middle East. We are talking five or six Countries that could have been combined. Under one man. Thank God it never was allowed to happen. Hence 9/11 was a mistake on his part. Not a victory in my eyes. He should have waited. Gained more power. They simply done something too big too soon. That resulted in their own downfall. Just my own opinion.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »
What a great mind you have. So correct about that disastrous mistake of going into Iraq. Made me sick. Wrong. Is having endless, horrific consequences. Bush may have been the worst President yet. Not sure about the world realizing what is going on or is likely to go on.

And the self interest, as you say. That is what it is always about. And Pride. And Power. Conquest. And the bewitching, maniacal leader to con everyone to lose sight of reason, of decency, any morality. I get that Masada instinct going and want to know how to get out.

We need good leaders. How about you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 04:40:24 PM »
More about asking who controls the leaders of the biggest countries? There are always those who will tell you they were groomed for the job by others. Others who play an active part in every decision they make once the do get into office. To get elected you need backing. As in money. The rich do have a say in who takes control of a Country. Is these same people who stand to gain from oil and diamonds from smaller countries that are invaded. People will always have their conspiracy theories. New World Order and people such as that. I might not go that far. But there are an elite group of wealthy people who like to play puppet master and pull the strings. Give them whatever name you want. They have the wealth. They can make you and they can break you. Every important country has them. People that have to be kept happy.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 08:27:55 AM »
Sure, it takes all you say for someone to get up there. Ugh. Why would anyone want it? Beyond me. Technology is now another potent factor, some of it used as a weapon. Social media, have such a low view of it.

The best I can do is not turn anything on. Takes great willpower. Shut the world out and turn inward with meditation, my antidote to the dangerous happenings in the world.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 09:40:08 AM »
Oddly enough, I don't watch TV at all. I prefer to read. I find I take more interest in something if I read about it. But my type of books would probably not interest most people. They are big and very deep. Sort of books most people would bored with after 100 pages. If they even make it that far.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 09:53:20 AM »
after 9/11 security was increased, there is air marshalls now on US flights, more scanning in the security area of the airport it is very unlikely that ISIS will get on to your plane and do something bad so i wouldn't worry, there is no point.
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 11:52:11 AM »
Planes and airports are attended, but these creatures can easily get into the country with passports and language. Not a pleasant thought.

Books. The great hope, but can't civilize. Stalin liked literature and poetry sparing Boris Pasternak because he liked his writing. Good Lord. You had James Joyce and Samuel Beckett among others. How will lit. survive in the tech world? Could not resist TV. The consensus is that this threat must be met with a united world.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »
No point in having US airports and flights well marshalled if other countries don't do the same. Chances are if anything did ever happen again it would not be an American plane and it wouldn't take off from an American airport. It would come from outside America. Ireland is very strict when you are waiting to board a plane. They all but strip you down. Other countries should do the same.

As for books versus modern day technology? Some of us still prefer to hold paper in our hands. The feel of a new book. I have tried an E book reader and wasn't mad gone on it. Went straight back to good old fashioned books. There are some good groups on the net were members write real letters to each other. That is the whole idea of the group. To save letter writing. It is great to see such groups out there. 
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »
Of course books, see them, feel them, flip to the Table of Contents, Index, stick post-its in the back to highlight pages, ideas, etc. Like to fantasize that if people could find satisfactions in reading we'd have less killing.

It used to be mostly fiction for me, now it's a mix with several books going at the same time. Not big on history books. These days books on meditation rise to the top. I'd like to lock up those ISIS boys, sit them down, give them books, relieve their boredom, isolation, lack of direction, etc. and show them another way. Such dreaming.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »
I think we have all seen how these members of ISIS read. They take one holy book and see murder in it. If they can do that with a religious book, what would they see in a normal book? People like that only see what they wish to see in words. You have the same with the bible. These fanatics who speak out against gay people in such a horrible way, because they claim they read it in the bible. You could read the bible and see different things than these people see. Same book. Two different opinions on what is meant by the same words.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 08:36:37 AM »
Thought I'd try and lighten them up, get away from the books that have caused conflict after conflict. Pipe dreams of a better world.
Bookmark and Share