Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: resting tremor  (Read 268 times)

Offline Nevrgiveup

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
resting tremor
« on: August 19, 2014, 07:44:11 PM »
When you lay your hand flat and fingers shake only when you lift them is that still resting tremor? also when hand shakes when you bend fingers down what kind of tremor is that? Sorry for all the questions i'm am just terrified.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: resting tremor
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:13:12 PM »
You have to stop posting several threads about this. Keep it to one thread, or you're going to drive yourself crazy.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline Nevrgiveup

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
your right i'll do that i just get on a roll when the anxiety is really bad , is that a resting tremor though when finger shakes when you lift it up i'm always confused on what is meant by resting tremor?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nevrgiveup

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 08:59:24 AM »
I was wondering if anybody knew if you could also have a action tremor with parkinson's? There's no way the someone could develope parkinson's out of nowhere and have the tremors all over both sides that quick right? I also have been to a neurologist who ruled our als,ms, had mri, i asked him about parkinson's and he said he didn't think so he checked how i walked and everything the only he said was he felt a little tremor in my hands.I am really scared the shaking has got worst i have really bad twitching,jerking everywhere and i can't relax i need to know if this sounds like parkinson's.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 09:08:35 AM »
anxiety causes shaking or tremors

btw--- guess  what has been happening to my right thumb for, meh, about  a week?   when I am just sitting around, not using the thumb, it has been moving all on its own. move in towards my index finger and back.  I was showing my 19 yr old son yesterday. 

does that mean I have a resting tremor or parkinson's?    I pretty much know what is causing it.  but what do you think?
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Nevrgiveup

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 09:23:25 AM »
I dont' think your symptoms would be that but i would think it was parkinson's with me  because that's have anxiety is if that makes sense, i also wonder if i have carpal tunnel since the fingers are those that it affects but that would be in both hands or all over the bod right? When i was trying to sleep i put both hands behind my head and i felt it tremor drove me crazy , deep down i feel it's anxiety but the constant all over tremors scare me i even keep checking my handwriting to see if it changed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 09:38:46 AM »
carpal tunnel doesn't have to affect both hands.  why do you think that?  carpal tunnel certainly does NOT affect the whole body.

constant all over tremors   are more consistent with anxiety disorders.   

as long as you attach something sinister to the sensations you are feeling and as long as you monitor or obsess over these things, the worse the sensations get and the more irrational and muddled up thinking becomes.

please click my username and check out the links I have posted.  I am not an anxiety guru.  However I've been through the  :spineyes: thinking you are now engaged in and I've seen this sort of thinking played out here for 5+ years and I have learned a lot.  the third link has a huge list of symptoms common with anxiety.

my final thought, for now, is that you, like many anxious people, seem to think anxiety is innocuous.  it is a just. Like "I HOPE it is just anxiety".  It is something more of a nuisance dx than anything else.  that sort of thinking can't be further from the truth.  anxiety is a serious disorder.  it can and IS debilitating for many people. You can see evidence of this daily by reading posts on this board.  It so negatively impacts lives, not just the sufferer by those around them.   the problem is the thinking gets so muddled, the sufferer can't really see what is going on..  they end up chasing all of the wrong 'solutions' to fix the problem.  As I often say, "you can't fix your car by going to the plumber" 

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Nevrgiveup

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »
thank you i meant to say carpal tunnel doesn't affect both hand that's why it's not  that lol i wrote it wrong, i know what you mean the more i wonder if it's parkinson's the more i'll feel the tremors, i will check the links now :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »
Carpel tunnel can and does affect both hands. I have it in both, but especially in my right.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline Nevrgiveup

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
hmm thank you for telling me Jazeraca i do feel it might be carpal tunnel mixed with anxiety but then again everywhere so makes me doubt it's carpal tunnel

Bookmark and Share

Offline Nevrgiveup

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 01:44:04 PM »
sixpack- did you have the vibrating,shaking stomach like i have? I don't think parkinson's makes that shake does it? i know anxiety does
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 02:22:07 PM »
I haven't had a vibrating stomach.  truth be told I've never really has anxiety/stress cause gastro issues other than diarrhea.  i get occasional heartburn and bloating but all i have to look to there is what i've eaten.

i  have had muscles in my abdomen twitch.  i've had pretty much every muscle known on my body twitch.  i've even vibrated and buzzed in various places.

in all mt years i've never even thought i could have parkinsons.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nevrgiveup

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 03:55:34 PM »
all i see when i look at my stomach is it going up and down trembling constantly i'm really worried
Bookmark and Share

Tags: