Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: pain in my left shoulder please help  (Read 178 times)

Offline trejus25

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
pain in my left shoulder please help
« on: August 19, 2014, 07:21:21 PM »
Hello again I'm freaking out again sitting in the er parking lot trying to decide if I am having a heart attack or just obsessing about this weird pain in my shoulder. It just started about an hour ago but I have this weird pain in my left shoulder it dosent hurt to bad but it ccomes and goes but it's freaking me out and I'm pretty sure it has sent me into panic my chest does not hurt I did have bad heartburn. Though but I took some tumbs and that went away I allways have heartburn though but seriously this pain in my left shoulder is freaking me out is this my anxiety or do u think I'm having a heart attack someone please help me fast
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: pain in my left shoulder please help
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »
Something important to keep in mind about heart attack fears: If you can point to where it hurts, it's not a heart attack. It is very different than any other sort. its like you're being crushed, and the sensation does not have an obvioius location.

The whole reason I found out about my heart problem was because i had strange sensations. I got so terrified that the pain started to shoot through my left chest and back, and i went to the ER. Diagnosed with a benign mitral valve prolapse that cannot cause pain.

I was so terrified that i manifested the pain out of nowhere.  It was so bad that i was sore for a week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:50:02 PM »
When we suffer from Anxiety, basically any pain, twinge, tingle raises an alarm.  When it's bad, so much of my anxiety seems to center around 'what is this pain in/near my chest, something must be wrong with my heart, im going to have a heart attack and die'   no matter how minor the pain is that's where my mind goes.   Not too long ago I had a pain  that was in my shoulder, it wasn't severe, but it was there and hard to ignore, of course, like you, I assumed it was something to do with my heart.   But it wasn't.   You could have easily pulled a muscle and not realized it.    I always try to remember how hyper alert my mind is to out of the ordinary sensations or pain and how quickly it jumps to worst case scenario. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »
A different possibility.

Years and years ago I had an injury in my right shoulder. For the past 6 years its been bothering me again. That is when I realized that when I am stressed out I hold my shoulder at a strange angle and the muscles are tighter. Of course I don't realize I'm doing that, until my shoulder starts to hurt!
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Tags: