Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Internal shaking? (Very scared - pregnant)  (Read 89 times)

Offline Jazeraca

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Internal shaking? (Very scared - pregnant)
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:06:34 PM »
Hi all,

I admit, I had some pretty severe stress this weekend to the point where I was in tears the whole time. But it did kind of calm down yesterday morning. Not completely gone, but still, a lot better. I noticed last night when I tried to sleep that there was some sort of inner shaking in my upper torso and lower neck which was radiating up to my head. I had a very hard time sleeping, so I took a benadryl. I still keep waking up several times last night with this feeling.

Woke up, and I felt it even worse but calmed down a bit. I took a nap for an hour early this afternoon, and woke up and almost my entire left side has this vibrating/shaking feeling. I can feel it in my forearm, lower leg, lower back, buttocks and abdomen. I did sleep on that side so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I've heard this can be a symptom of anxiety but would it mostly be my left side?

Thanks all, I'm 18.5 weeks pregnant and very scared.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline Jazeraca

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Internal shaking? (Very scared - pregnant)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 05:55:12 PM »
Husband came home and felt my arm and leg and said he couldn't feel any noticeable trembling. Only my blood pulsating. Now I'm not sure what to do or think.

If I call my GP he will tell me to call him in two weeks if it gets worse, and if it does get worse, he will tell me to wait another week to call again. ER only does simple blood work to rule out a medical emergency and then sends you home. I have a referral to a clinic that was open 2 months ago that deals with pregnant women with mental health issues so I have no idea when I will see someone. I cannot afford a therapist as I no longer have insurance as my husband lost his job in June (he works temp jobs now). Everyone, my friends and family, tell me to "snap out of it" and that all my symptoms are just either caused by pregnancy or by anxiety. My midwife surely cannot help me with anything.

I feel so immensely guilty because I'm constantly being told that my emotional state is causing damage to my unborn child.

I don't know what to do anymore, but I feel extremely helpless. Trapped in a small cage, slowly suffocating with no way out.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Tags: