Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tenting cheek with tongue and questions regarding this  (Read 119 times)

Online Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tenting cheek with tongue and questions regarding this
« on: August 18, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »
So, I'm trying to embrace my logic here, but I need help with some things that bugs me. Please respond, so I can put this behind me and try to move on.

- When tenting cheek with tongue, and then pressing it (testing strength), how much pressure from the fingers should the tongue be able to resist? I can resist quite a substantial pressure, but my tongue giveaway eventually.

- Is it normal for the tongue to be a little "off" when it comes to its position in the mouth? My tongue seem to be more positioned to the left in mouth, I.e not totally centered. I have a far easier time reaching the back teeth on my left side, is this normal.

- My tongue is alot meatier on my left side, but from what I've heard this is a rather normal thing?

My soft palate is severely deformed; on one side it has almost fallen down and on the other side it's normal (where my tonsils should have been (went through a tonsillectomy 14 years ago). Is it true that this only is a sign of weakness if the uvula deviates when saying "ahhhh"? Could the deformity be due the previous tonsillectomy?

I need some hard facts here guys, it would really help me moving forward. Please help me with this
Bookmark and Share
Actual diagnoses;

- OCD (HA and others)
- GAD
- Major depression
- IBS and Gastritis
- Hemisensory symptoms and somatorform disorder

Self diagnosed with;

Bulbar onset ALS, Limb onset ALS, Young onset Parkinsons disease, MS, Rheumatoid arthritis, muscular dystrophia, and so many more....

Online Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tenting cheek with tongue and questions regarding this
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 02:27:52 PM »
Anyone feel like just clarifying this to me?=)
Bookmark and Share
Actual diagnoses;

- OCD (HA and others)
- GAD
- Major depression
- IBS and Gastritis
- Hemisensory symptoms and somatorform disorder

Self diagnosed with;

Bulbar onset ALS, Limb onset ALS, Young onset Parkinsons disease, MS, Rheumatoid arthritis, muscular dystrophia, and so many more....

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tenting cheek with tongue and questions regarding this
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:34:52 PM »
I think you're completely OK.
My tongue personally can't last too much..maybe two fingers.
My tongue feels a little off too now that you say it. It tends to go more to the right than left.
The meatier thing is normal too :) and soft palates are never in perfect condition.
These tests aren't helpful for you honestly (anxiety wise) but I'm sure you're physically 100% okay :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: