Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tenting cheek with tongue and questions regarding this  (Read 184 times)

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Tenting cheek with tongue and questions regarding this
« on: August 18, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »
So, I'm trying to embrace my logic here, but I need help with some things that bugs me. Please respond, so I can put this behind me and try to move on.

- When tenting cheek with tongue, and then pressing it (testing strength), how much pressure from the fingers should the tongue be able to resist? I can resist quite a substantial pressure, but my tongue giveaway eventually.

- Is it normal for the tongue to be a little "off" when it comes to its position in the mouth? My tongue seem to be more positioned to the left in mouth, I.e not totally centered. I have a far easier time reaching the back teeth on my left side, is this normal.

- My tongue is alot meatier on my left side, but from what I've heard this is a rather normal thing?

My soft palate is severely deformed; on one side it has almost fallen down and on the other side it's normal (where my tonsils should have been (went through a tonsillectomy 14 years ago). Is it true that this only is a sign of weakness if the uvula deviates when saying "ahhhh"? Could the deformity be due the previous tonsillectomy?

I need some hard facts here guys, it would really help me moving forward. Please help me with this
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tenting cheek with tongue and questions regarding this
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 02:27:52 PM »
Anyone feel like just clarifying this to me?=)
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tenting cheek with tongue and questions regarding this
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:34:52 PM »
I think you're completely OK.
My tongue personally can't last too much..maybe two fingers.
My tongue feels a little off too now that you say it. It tends to go more to the right than left.
The meatier thing is normal too :) and soft palates are never in perfect condition.
These tests aren't helpful for you honestly (anxiety wise) but I'm sure you're physically 100% okay :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: