Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Seven days later...  (Read 148 times)

Offline seemeblue

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Seven days later...
« on: August 18, 2014, 02:09:08 PM »
Okay, it has been seven days since I got tap water up my nose and my N. fowleri phobia started. I have read that it can take 1-7 days for meningitis/encephalitis-like symptoms to occur, and 1-15 days to death. I haven't had a fever, so I think I can say I am safely outside of the 1-7 days time frame? My back hurts, which I think is because of a strained muscle from exercise because I can move my neck fine (although it hurts a little, an advice nurse I spoke to didn't seem to think this was because I had meningitis or encephalitis). So, I'm okay, right?

I'm getting married in a week and I am nervous and excited. I have been having trouble sleeping the last few days because I am terrified of waking up with obvious meningitis or encephalitis. But last night, I had a wonderful dream that my fiancÚ and I were on our honeymoon. I think I am getting better, at least for the time being :').
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Seven days later...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:07:22 PM »
I could be a real snot and say "I told you so"  but that isn't how I roll.   :winking0008:

Have a beautiful wedding and thrilling honeymoon.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 04:10:13 PM »
Have you ever considered checking health reports from local areas? if there was any chance of you getting it that way, then there would surely be many reports of it, probably even in newspapers and local news sites. The chances of getting it are incredibly small, and the chance of getting it while no one else in the area does are effectively 0.
Bookmark and Share

Offline seemeblue

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 05:18:08 PM »
Lunatone, I searched "naegleri fowleri  in San Francisco" in google and got no reports of anyone getting it in this area at all, just local news reporting on the cases in the southern US. But that didn't stop me. I also talked to the municipal water people, and they said that while San Francisco water isn't tested for N. fowleri, they use more than enough chlorine to kill it and more... That news also didn't stop my worries. I mean, it seems highly unlikely that it would take me this long to start to run a fever, but part of me is dragging this fear out my thinking maybe I'm an outlier, or maybe I'm just not running a fever xD
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:30:17 PM »
you know I am KNOWN for smacking people upside the head.

seemeblue,  your anxious thinking is making up stuff to worry over.  this is (even though you are marrying the man of your dreams and you are thrilled to be getting married) due to the stress of a wedding and life changes.  Your anxious thinking is using the amoeba as a cover up the big changes that you are about to do.

Maybe you don't think so. However,  MY view is the more logical, more likely, and the actual thing going on here.  It is not the amoeba thing that you are telling yourself..

you can talk yourself into it as much as you want.  It will not, however, make you  having this parasite any more real.  In the end all you are doing is making yourself even more stressed out. 

Your wedding will come and you will still not have the amoeba.  your honeymoon will come and go and you will STILL not have the amoeba.  you will come back home and begin your married life together in your home and you STILL won't have the amoeba.  You will suck water up your nose again, at some point, and you STILL won't have the amoeba.

are you starting to get the picture?  your anxious thinking is now and will continue to lie to you.  that is what it does---it lies.   You don't have to believe it or indulge it or pay it any attention at all.  I am telling you straight out- you HAVE already wasted more time and energy on this fear than even remotely necessary.   NOW it is up to you---are you going to keep this up  OR  come towards all of us waving you back to what is real???  :yes:  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: