Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Really don't like the new look  (Read 321 times)

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Really don't like the new look
« on: August 18, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
I'm all for change, that's cool.  But for the people that have really "grown up" using the old look, is it possible to keep that as an option?  I'm a forum admin with years of experience, and I know that it's possible with many systems.

Just a thought.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really don't like the new look
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »
I second it, the fonts are just too large and hard to read... just some feedback.

Thanks,
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 02:29:56 PM »
Change is good once in a while. I am sure things are still been worked on. What you see now is probably work in progress. Not the finished article. Can take time to put forum look together. As you try colours and various other things. Until you arrive at what exactly you are looking for. Let us wait and see it when the work is finished.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline wegngis

Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:11 PM »
Change can be good.  I just like the option of letting those stay if they want.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »
well there must be some hitches in the "new" looks giddy-up because we keep going from old to new to old again.  Personally I like the old look colors etc.  the contrast is better for me.  I am getting older eyes.   :laugh3:  However I am sure I would become accustomed to the new 'look'.  right now, tbh,  I feel like my eyes are getting a bit of whiplash going back and forth like this.   :winking0008:  Hopefully the site's look will get all settled in soon.   I am sure gg is working diligently to get everything stable and running smoothly
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline wegngis

Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 04:22:07 PM »
The new look has (had?) large text that made it weird to simply read what was going on.  I don't want to sound like white noise and be the "don't change it!" guy, but I like having the option of choosing my theme.
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 06:05:49 PM »
I agree, I was much more fond of the original theme and would love the option to stay with it.
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline wegngis

Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »
Yep, I still have the same opinion.   :action-smiley-065: :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 07:06:52 PM »
I don't like the changing back and forth it keeps me more confused and responding to this topic is really odd because I am seeing Huge Photos above everyone's reply and doesn't look good at all. I love the site and I don't want to be whiney or nagging because I know GreyGoose is doing his best and trying to do something I am not sure which look but I do love the old look better and it was easier . We will be okay though and have to adjust I just don't get why change something that was so good in the first place but I have no clue how to run a site or what it cost etc.. maybe this was is cheaper and it is FREE so I am gonna suck it up and say Thanks and I will adjust!!  :)
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 09:26:08 PM »
the profile picture is HUGE now.  which has a perk---you can see Cuch's profile pic with much better detail,  :winking0008:  :P     However, the username is harder to see.  If I had my druthers, Cuch's profile pic notwithstanding,  it is better to have the username bigger.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 09:42:59 PM »
I do appreciate the hard work put into this forum, but everything in this new design seems "too big" to me - the fonts, the sizes of the icons, etc.  I use a laptop and basically one post fills the entire screen now. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 10:45:42 PM »
I agree ... Fonts are too large ... Makes the forum's interface look less professional.

My Android phone app is almost useless to navigate due to the large font.

::)
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 08:20:23 AM »
It is back ! Yay  Thanks GreyGoose and I really do appreciate all you do and I know it has to be rough sometimes with so many people on the site.   

God Bless you for offering a Free Site and working so hard!

Tye
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 12:57:10 PM »
Sixy keep it clean please.  :laugh3: Naughty female. I thought she liked me for my brains.

I still think GG is trying to get the new look forum to the correct size and shape. That part of things can take time. Hence fonts may seem huge and sixpack my be thrilled to see more of me than normal. I am sure there is a setting yet to be found that will reduce the font size and make things look as they do on the forum we are all so used to. He has found the colour scheme he wants. That was his first test about a week ago. The colour changed a few times. Now he might be working on headers ( the title of each thread ) which are huge. The avatar on the new look forum probably takes a bigger size picture. The normal look forum takes a small picture. Hence they all look off. I am sure he will let us all know. But it does only change when he is on the forum. Which leads me to believe he is still working on it. Once he goes off the net we get the old look forum back. So work in progress I would guess at.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 08:59:43 AM »
  Sixy keep it clean please.   Naughty female. I thought she liked me for my brains. 

heh heh heh.   ;D
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything