Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Insane weight loss?  (Read 147 times)

Offline Nichlas224

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Insane weight loss?
« on: August 18, 2014, 12:08:44 PM »
Hello guys. Its been a while since i posted here but have now returned with a new concern.
Over 10 months i have gone from 224lb (111kg) to 178lb (81kg) without doing any exercise at all.
Going to give a little history on what have happend that might couldve caused alot of this extreme weight loss.
Before my health anxiety journy started i was, eating chips, drinking soda doing nothing, as you can tell on my previous weight. Then one day i had a panic attack and since that i started loosing weight.
I stopped eating chips, drinking soda to pretty much only drinking water and barely eating.
I spend alot of enerygy to be in panic and being stressed about constant fear 24/7.
I stopped eating completely for 1-2 weeks because i coulsn swallow my food (felt it got stuck)

Ive had a ultra sound scan of my stomach (Everything was okay) Ive had xray of my lungs (Everything okay) Ive got blood test for Diabetes, allergies, and others (Everything was okay, exept my D Vitamin was WAY to low, its normal now) So what can this be..? can it be from all the things listed above?

I have no appetite so i dont eat alot, i eat about 1-4 peices of bread a day and that is it.
My sister got me a pair of pants 2 weeks ago and they are loose now.

I feel weak, tired everyday and dont exercise.
Im basicly sitting infront of computer every hour awake, but still loose alot of weight?

Side track: I have a weird throat. I sometimes cant swallow, sometimes it feels like something is stuck, sometimes it feels like my throat litterely isnt there and my head is just floating above my shoulders.
Sometimes my skin is hard and stretched and other times its soft and floppy? (Throat area)

Everytime i stand up i get dizzy, 9/10 times atleast.
My eyes are annoying and sometimes cant focus.

Ps. i started on ADHD medication 1.5 months ago, but my weight loss started before that!

Thanks for reading, and i hope someone have some thoughts and would like to share them with me :)

If you have any questions please ask! I probably forgot to mention a few things :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: Insane weight loss?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 12:36:51 PM »
I think you're totally okay. Chips and soda make a BIG difference. When I wanted to lose ten pounds a year ago, I cut out soda and the weight came off itself. Soda and chips are loads of calories and that much weight will come off if you stop eating it completely.
Secondly, you've had all the necessary tests, that's another reason why you shouldn't worry. I've had all the strange neck feelings and I have some currently as well. As long as you think about it, it won't go away sadly.
Next, its normal to lose appetite and then weight because of anxiety. I lost a few pounds the last month I've been worrying excessively as well and so has a friend of mine. Anxiety causes us to constantly be "excited" I guess and we use a lot of energy. So that's another thing.
Lastly, if you're on the computer all day (I do this too honestly) then expect for your eyes to feel weird and get headaches. I get both all the time because of this and have had worried about it but rationally, its normal to feel that way if your eyes are glued to a screen all day in one position.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Insane weight loss?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »
Hi. Thanks for your answer! Made me feel abit better, and it all makes sense now i hear it from another:)

I do worry 24/7 about physical and mental illness so alot of stress there :)

Im sorry to hear about your issues with anxiety and i hope you aswell understands that its "just" anxiety :-) Hope you get better
Bookmark and Share

Tags: