Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: COPD OR MY GENERALIZE ANXIETY DISORDER PLEASE HELP ME  (Read 138 times)

Offline trejus25

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
COPD OR MY GENERALIZE ANXIETY DISORDER PLEASE HELP ME
« on: August 17, 2014, 11:49:29 AM »
Ok so from those who have read my last post I suffer from GAD and have had it for years but I stopped having the attacks to where I went to the hospital a long time ago... but here about a month or so ago I started having these episodes where I couldn't finish a sentence because it was like I was gasping for air just to finish the conversation.....then it got to the point where I now have lost my job because I was to scared to go back to work I obsess about my breathing now and I have been to the hospital probably about 8 times this week and they can't find nothing but this isn't a panic attack I know what those are.... this is constant all day everyday if I'm sitting down doing nothing I'm fine but once I get up move or try to have a convo with my son or family I am like forcing myself to finish a sentence cuz I can't freaking breath...there is also this tightness in my throat and I allways feel like there is something in the middle of it and my throat constantly feels like it's tightening in and trust me I try so so so so so hard to tell myself this is anxiety u will be fine ur ok just breath talk nothing will happen but I'm telling u it dosent work I just stated therapy and they seem to think it's my anxiety as well but I am not convinced because I'm not freaking out when this happens I literally can't talk without having to force it I can't do anything I can't even work now......I can't even go to my friends house or just sit in NY living room and talk to my grandma or my mother cuz when I start talking I'm like forcing myself to keep talking cuz it seriously feels like I'm suffercating I even tried to go to church this morning and I had to leave out of there cuz everyone wanted to talk and I couldn't talk back cuz i seriously felt like I was suffercating seriously please help me i want my life back do yhall think this Is COPD........please help does this sound like anxiety to you....
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: COPD OR MY GENERALIZE ANXIETY DISORDER PLEASE HELP ME
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:01:14 PM »
Yes it sounds like anxiety to me. My Mom had COPD and she only got out of breath when she got up and moved around, but she was fine just talking.

Do you find that your breathing is shallow from anxious tension?  Perhaps you aren't breathing correctly.  I'm no expert but maybe doing breathing exercises would help you breathe more deeply so you aren't out of breath.

Take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline jimmy7777

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: COPD OR MY GENERALIZE ANXIETY DISORDER PLEASE HELP ME
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 02:58:02 PM »
I've been having a lot of breathing problems and I'm also fearing COPD. Do you have asthma?
Bookmark and Share
There is nothing we can do with suffering
except suffer it. "C.S Lewis"

Tags: