Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: dumb question about mouth,lip area burning feeling  (Read 137 times)

Offline VickieLL1966

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
dumb question about mouth,lip area burning feeling
« on: August 16, 2014, 06:55:08 PM »
Hi everyone,  Ok, I've been trying to ignore this but it's bugging me into being crazy.  I know that the burning sensations on our body, back, legs, mouth, lips, etc is a common symptom of GAD.  I'm not sure if what I've been experiencing this past week falls into that category.  So, I'm going to do my best to try to explain how it feels and hopefully some of you have this too and I will stop driving myself crazy.  :)  Ok, I get this ever so slight hot feeling just below the bottom part of my lip and the upper party of my lip on the outside of my mouth.  Lasts a second, comes and goes, no pain, no rash, skin isn't hot. You know how sometimes you accidently get ground pepper on your lips around your mouth on the outside, and it just gets hot for a brief second on that area, well this is how my sensation feels.  Sometimes  I will feel it on the inside.  Yes I was stupid and symptom checked,but I don't think this is anything life threatening, but as usual, I won't stop until I find an explanation. Thank you all very much, and I hope everyone is having a great evening.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: dumb question about mouth,lip area burning feeling
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 10:10:40 AM »
Well I can't answer your quesiton specifically, only assure you that you arent alone in this. I get the same thing and have for ages now. Nothing bad's ever come from it. I assume its just the same nonsense that causes all those other problems, just being extremely specific. I wouldnt be surprised to find out its way more common than we imagine, and we just overlook the other instances cause they arent face-related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline VickieLL1966

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 11:17:48 AM »
Hi Luna   I guess I am just super aware of stupid stuff going on with my body. It's just so annoying.  And of course with my health anxiety, it just makes it worse.  Thank you for replying and I hope you have a great day
Bookmark and Share

Offline LO87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 01:55:57 AM »
I had a similar thing for like 2 weeks where it felt kind of burning/tingly on my nose and lip. It felt like that sensation you get there when your lip or gums are waking up after being numbed at the dentist. I just put it down to acid reflux and it went away lol. Try some acid reflux medicine like peptobismol and see if it goes away. If not, then it's definitely  a weird anxiety symptom but not at all dangerous. In fact I found mine kind of funny because it was so random and silly. Maybe this is why it went away, but it's definitely not the worst of anxiety symptoms :D
Bookmark and Share

Online Michele28

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 02:25:59 AM »
Anxiety causes many weird symptoms.  Im starting to think it can do anything.  My head is currently burning and I am assuming it is most likely anxiety caused :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline VickieLL1966

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 01:20:48 PM »
Hi Lo and Michele,  your posts did make me feel better.  Its just crazy what GAD can do to you.  If I wasn't so super aware of unusual things going on with my body I don't think I'd be such a worrier over things.  I guess I have to try harder to just accept what GAD do to me.  It sucks, but being a member here does help to deal with it so much better.  Hope everyone has a great day :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: