Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Vague cancer fears.  (Read 150 times)

Offline Walking Circles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Vague cancer fears.
« on: August 16, 2014, 03:33:06 PM »
I have a lymph node on my neck that has been slightly enlarged for almost a month now, if not slightly longer. I noticed a few days before I came down with some sort of weird virus, I had a sore tongue with an abscess type place on the underside of it, some aches and pains and fluid behind my ears. I went to the ER for that and they did no tests and sent me home with a steroid pack. I showed the lymph node to the doctor but she just hand waved it and said it did not concern her.

I have also found this weird soft lump on the bottom rib right side, closer to the middle of my chest. It is soft and very mobile, it seems to be maybe an inch or just over an inch long and kind of oval in shape. This scare me because it is not painful to the touch but sometimes I have a pain in that spot caused by moving a certain way. Here lately I have been having a lot of acid indigestion and some shortness of breath. On top of that today I can feel my self wheeze sometimes when I breathe. I am terrified that this is lung or some other kind of cancer.

I have a doctor appointment Monday morning but I am almost too afraid to go. Could these two things be related? The lymph node and the lump I mean? I have been told that the lump on my rib is in a spot where there should not be a lymph node.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walking Circles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vague cancer fears.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 02:11:33 AM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 220
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vague cancer fears.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:31:03 AM »
go to the doctor and have him/her take a look.  it will turn out to be nothing sinister. 

the lump on your rib side....  I have one.  I saw it a year or two ago.  I assumed at the time it was a lipoma or other fatty type cyst.   I have been to the doc a couple of times since i noticed it.  I haven't even bothered asking about it because, well, it is a nothing.

basically what is going on here is your anxious thinking is having a look around at your body and collecting several minor aches/pains/oddities and then 'thinking' them into some big BAD thing.  THAT is what anxious over thinking does to people.   the trick is to see what this thinking (I call  it beasty) is doing and not playing the game.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to foil BEASTY'S plot  before it gets you on the runaway train to Catastrophicville"         this message will self destruct  in 20 seconds      :winking0008: :laugh3:

hey before it self-destructs.......   what proactive methods are you doing daily to keep runaway anxiety from taking you over?  what is working?  what isn't?     realize you can be doing all kinds of good stuff, but if you are engaging in the poor, reactive behaviors---ie monitoring, self checking, obsessing, seeking reassurance etc,  it is pretty much impossible for the proactive stuff to get a solid foothold.   all you will accomplish  is turning yourself around in circles.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: