Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Leukemia... PICS!  (Read 268 times)

Offline Marliesmomma5

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Leukemia... PICS!
« on: August 16, 2014, 01:05:40 PM »
My second post here. My HA all started with bruises. I was breastfeeding and not eating healthy so my doc said to start pre-natals again and see how they do. (I also got a CBC and he tested my blood for A LOT of things... Like thyroid, porassioam, vitamin d, clotting levels, and other things. I also got a chest x-Ray and everything came back normal). Well, the bruises didn't really go away for  awhile. So I went back to dr and he told me that he was not worried that I had a blood disease since my labs were good. Well, the bruises actually went away for awhile (started taking vitamins everyday and eating healthy) well I've been slacking on my vitamins lately and now my bruises are back. And one on particular has me freaking out. Its very purple with bright purple dots.. And snother one forming on my other thigh. The day I had realized my bruises were back, I had a swollen node in my throat . ( or what I think was one.. It felt like I had a marble stuck in my throat everytime I swallowed.. But didn't feel it of o swallowed with food.. Also my armpit was a little sore. It only lasted that day and I don't have anymore swollen nodes. Except the one i mentioned in my first post which is still scaring me but I thing it's going down. But I'm just so tired of feeling scared. I was doing fine about the hard lump in my neck cause I thought it was kind of  going down, then the bruises had to come and ruin everything. Now I'm scared that I have leukemia and just not getting detected through my blood. I'm not that tired, and I don't have constant infections or fevers. =\ but I know everyone is different.  At  this point, I feel like I 200% have a blood  type of cancer . I hate this feeling.  And I'm also freaking out that the bump I have is  big because it has spread there.  =\  I attached pics of my bruises. Please tell me if I should be worried. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Marliesmomma5

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Leukemia... PICS!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »
The big bruise looks a little bigger in pic than it is in real life.. It's about the size of a quarter.. Maybe slightly bigger. Oh and I have on and off dull aches in my knees and shins sometimes... =\
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:03:09 AM »

I am clarifying  post in my mind  ;D

you were afraid of leukemia and doc ran blood tests and you were cleared of it?  doc had you start  taking vits and eating better and bruises went away?   So there was no evidence of leukemia and doctor said all was good?  Your mind relaxed a bit and things got better?

Now you've slacked on vitamins and bruises are back and you are 'noticing' all sorts of minor aches/pains and your anxious thinking has taken over and you think you have leukemia again?   

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Stinaliza

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Photography keeps me sain!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 07:07:33 AM »
I look like that all the time and so does my son. i was worried about him but all the bloodworks were fine and if something was wrong with me I wouldn't be alive today, it's been going on forever. Some people just bruise very easily.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 07:16:37 AM »
Leukemia is a cancer that would show up in blood tests!   You are lacking vitamin C...  When my Grandmother was younger she started bruising in places one doesn't bruise easily - she got a bruise the size of a baseball on her SIDE!   (Lack of Vitamin C)
And as far as a bruise with purple dots - I just had a wisdom tooth removed and my cheek now has a bruise with dark dots on it, that's the way bruises look sometimes.    Just up the vitamin C and see what happens - you don't have leukemia!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 10:40:38 AM »
I always get bruises like that. I once had a cluster of small ones on the back of my leg combined with petachie in large areas on my legs, I'm talking hundreds. I freaked out big time. But every blood test I've had has come back normal. The petachie actually turned out to be medication related. Some people just bruise easy I guess.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 01:24:39 PM »
I have a friend who bruises very easily....some people are just like that.

just keep up with your vitamins and everything should be A-OK.

I am 200% sure you DON'T have blood cancer. It would be VERY obvious in your blood work.
Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Tags: