Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: starting on klonopin 1mg  (Read 322 times)

Offline sarahjxde

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
starting on klonopin 1mg
« on: August 16, 2014, 10:39:07 AM »
i was on klonopin .5 but i still felt very anxious and nervous so my psychiatrist put me put to 1mg. i took the first 1 mg pill this morning like at 9:30, an hour ago. i feel tired and when i walk i kind of feel like off balanced, like kind of loopy. are those normal side effects? or has it not really kicked in and i'm just freaking myself out and exaggerating?
thanks!
:)
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: starting on klonopin 1mg
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 12:19:17 PM »
i was on klonopin .5 but i still felt very anxious and nervous so my psychiatrist put me put to 1mg. i took the first 1 mg pill this morning like at 9:30, an hour ago. i feel tired and when i walk i kind of feel like off balanced, like kind of loopy. are those normal side effects? or has it not really kicked in and i'm just freaking myself out and exaggerating?
thanks!

I have used Klonopin for many years - when I took Klonopin during the day the dose was .5 - (2 or 3x - day) - because of drowsiness my doctor switched me to .5 in the afternoon and 1 or 1.5 at bedtime.

But, yes 1 mg during the morning - will make you loopy and tired...

How long have you been on Klonopin .5 ? How many times per day?  :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline sarahjxde

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 05:12:42 PM »
thanks!

I have used Klonopin for many years - when I took Klonopin during the day the dose was .5 - (2 or 3x - day) - because of drowsiness my doctor switched me to .5 in the afternoon and 1 or 1.5 at bedtime.

But, yes 1 mg during the morning - will make you loopy and tired...

How long have you been on Klonopin .5 ? How many times per day?  :action-smiley-065:

thanks for the response! I have been on .5 for a month, one every morning. I'm thinking of breaking the 1 mg pill and taking half in the morning and half In the afternoon if I think tht I need it. 
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »

I have been on .5 for a month, one every morning. I'm thinking of breaking the 1 mg pill and taking half in the morning and half In the afternoon if I think tht I need it. 

Sounds good,  :yes:

Since you have already been on it for about a month,

Just, a thought, that might be worth trying... It really worked well for me when using Klonopin  :yes:

I noticed that if I took 1 mg at bedtime, - I woke up without that "Morning Anxiety" and slept much better at night. 

My doctor put on this schedule and explained to me, that klonopin can stay in the body for over 24 hrs., (unlike Xanax or Ativan)

I tried it!  And soon found out I didn't need to take a morning or afternoon dose, it actually worked the entire day "without the loopy - groggy - drowsiness and tiredness"  during the day at work and best of all I didn't have any anxiety'. 

Also, my doctor recommend, that I carry a .5 mg with me during the day - ready to be used if needed.

I was so happy - I took my doctor's advice  :happy0151:

Anyways, Just a thought...

Good Luck  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline sarahjxde

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 10:39:02 PM »
Hmm that's a good idea! Thanks for the advice :)
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 02:11:41 AM »
Let me know how it works for you   :yes:

Have a good one  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 10:27:40 AM »
I also found taking 1 mg klon in the morning made either tired at work, or I crash napped when I got home from work.

Now I take 1 mg the night before.  And I have extra klon with me in case I need it during the day.  But I rarely do.
One time I did feel a bit jittery at work and I was so glad I had the klonopin.  It worked in minutes.

I'm generally trying to resist taking naps after work cuz it makes it hard to fall asleep.  Or I take a 30 minute power nap
with an oven timer.
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »
Worldbeat - Good information.  I am glad to hear the klonopin is working
 :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 12:05:39 AM »
Thanks, Never Quit.

Yes, the Klonopin is working great.  I also find I have to tweak the timing of meds.
I've been doing 1 mg at night and .5 if I need it during the day.  I did this partly because
I was having trouble sleeping. 

Now that my sleeping is fine, I'm going to try .5 mg at night
and .5 mg in the morning.  Because I do find that .5 in the morning makes things smoother.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: