Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: still can't breath all day everyday I'm giving up  (Read 202 times)

Offline trejus25

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
still can't breath all day everyday I'm giving up
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:15:20 PM »
I am still even after my first therapy session I still can't breath all day everyday the med they gave me isn't even working anymore it's so hard to explain I can't even talk to anyone even my own son cuz when I talk I feel like I'm suffercating and I don't have enough air to even say a sentence and while this is going on I feel like my throat is tightening up and I constantly obsess now about my breathing I can't even walk up stairs my therapist says it's just my gad but no he is wrong someone please help me someone
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: still can't breath all day everyday I'm giving up
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »
Sorry to hear.  Are you able to take deep breaths?  Are you sure the breathing isnt isn't a physical one?  You could see a regular
dr. for that.  Or if you're pretty sure it is anxiety, maybe watch some fun TV.  Or hug your son.  Don't resist an anxiety episode.
Try to make friends with your anxiety.  There's nothing to be afraid of.  Anxiety is trying to trick you and scare you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hekopeko2013

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 08:31:30 PM »
Hi , its 100% anxiety and the thoughts of i cant breath , i cant talk.  I cant do anything . I give up :) same happening with us but in different stories . If you just convinced ur self that u breathing well u will see that u breathing well and u still a live , i dont know what kind of medication u taking but u must know that anxiety and ocd , depression medication start work after 3 weeks at least but usually 4-6 weeks and depend on dosage , I'm suffering GAD too and its coming to me in bad thoughts but I'm try to calm down and talk to my mind .... Few years ago my anxiety started by feeling tight throat too and cant swallow and this is just stress and anxiety and negative feelings , dont give up u can heal ur self by ur self and ask help from experts and people around u .... Have u tried yoga and breathing techniques , exercising slowly and meditating , distracting ur mind and take it beyond this feeling of cant breath ..... U already breath because ur here talking to me :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline NoShadesofGrey

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • There's hope in front of me
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 10:52:52 PM »
When I feel this way, I tell myself it's just anxiety.  Anxiety can not kill you.  Don't fight the anxiety by telling yourself you MUST calm down.  Tell yourself that it IS just anxiety and it WILL pass and yes, in that moment you may feel horrific, but all you need to do is just ride it out and you absolutely will feel better.

Also, sounds like maybe you could use some medication adjustment.  Talk to your doctor about this--I don't know what you're on or how long or anything, but it sounds like you could use something to to help you along as you learn coping skills.
Bookmark and Share
On days of gray when doubt clouds my view
It's so hard to see past my fears
My strength seems to fade and it's all I can do
To hold on 'til the light reappears
Still, I believe though some rain's bound to fall
That You're here next to me and You're over it all

Offline BFella

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 05:35:25 PM »
Hey man, this sounds like 100% anxiety, I can almost promise it is. For peace of mind, I would see a Cardiologist and get everything checked out so he can tell you that you're alright. This is what I had to do. I have the same feelings, couldn't breath, something was in my throat and it was closing. All the BS that anxiety gives you. I still think I can't breath here and there, but look we're still alive man. It sucks I know, but we will get through this. Most anxiety meds take up to 6 weeks to work, it sucks but you'll get through it.

Maybe ask your doc if you can have something to get you over the hump until you everyday medicine starts to work? I take Xanax as I'm still waiting for my Lexapro to start working.
Bookmark and Share

Offline algeus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 02:46:13 AM »
Don't give up.
I'm having these feeling 24/7 during last 5 months. Sometimes I feel I can not stand it anymore...but we have to be strong and make our best to fight this condition,whatever the reason for it is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 09:53:34 PM »
This is my main anxiety symptom. I frequently throughout the day feel like I can't breathe. I take deep gasps to catch my breath and many times it doesn't help. When I talk it makes me out of breath and when its really bad my heart will skip beats (PVCs).

The good news is I've had this off and on since 2009. Its relieved by exercise or a dose of a benzo. That right there is a clear diagnosis it is anxiety. I haven't died from it and when I start to think of my breathing it gets worse.

Hang in there. You are not alone. You can choose how to react to this breathing issue. I used to get really upset about it and exclaim its not anxiety. Over time as it became more apparent it was anxiety I started to accept it as not life threatening. Today I choose to accept it and be happy. Its tough but it makes a big difference in my quality of life.
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Tags: