Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feel worse before feeling better  (Read 646 times)

Offline Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feel worse before feeling better
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 06:38:33 PM »
The .25 did help alot. I still feel mentally off and weird in the head and withdrawn socially from people and just feel off still. I did manage to get ready and go to a grad party but everything i do feels weird and when i eat and do normal things it feels weird.
Bookmark and Share

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 07:21:42 PM »
Hey nila. Totally with you on the eyes feeling weird. My brain today felt like a sponge so painful. But take solace that other people are going through the same ***** as you (Ie me!)

And the weird feeling your talking about sounds like maybe derealization. Which I have a lot which is the main reason I'm taking these tablets. Derealization is just a result of anxiety. I've spoken to a derealization expert and they assured me it's very normal it's just your brain protecting itself from the accessive anxiety. If you wanted the website to the professional I spoke to I can give it to you. They do charge 80 pounds for two hours but are excellent. Anyway stay strong because were in it together.

I nearly gave in two weeks ago but Ian and never quit told me to carry on and I actually had an amazing week feeling great so it shows you it can change so quickly!

Few years ago I used to take esctacy fairly regualarlly. Interestingly a lot of the sensations I am feeling when starting up this citroapram feel like how I would feel the day after xtc. (I'm not endorsing anyone to try and also I don't do it any more. My mental health is far more important)

Peace. Will
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 07:32:52 PM »
Yeah im just not myself its depression and anxiety for me it sucks. Im trying to interact and feel alright its just hard. I actually do see a therapist and he tells me the same thing. I just wanna feel like my old self. And laugh and feel emotions again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NoShadesofGrey

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • There's hope in front of me
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 10:10:36 PM »
Hey Nala, I've been following your threads as I am also waiting for my Sertraline to take effect.  While I don't have the same symptoms as you, I just wanted to say hang in there and definitely use the Klonopin as prescribed.  It took a little to find out what worked best for me, but Xanax XR definitely has given me some quality of life back!

I know what you mean about wanting to feel like yourself again.  You're not alone!
Bookmark and Share
On days of gray when doubt clouds my view
It's so hard to see past my fears
My strength seems to fade and it's all I can do
To hold on 'til the light reappears
Still, I believe though some rain's bound to fall
That You're here next to me and You're over it all

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 10:28:15 PM »
Few years ago I used to take esctacy fairly regualarlly. Interestingly a lot of the sensations I am feeling when starting up this citroapram feel like how I would feel the day after xtc.

This is because initially antidepressants and ecstasy (MDMA) do much the same thing. Ecstasy triggers  hyper secretion of serotonin (and other neurotransmitters), but inhibits their synthesis, antidepressants initially cause an increase in serotonin synthesis and expression and retain it in synapses for longer by blocking the reuptake transporters. However, after a few weeks this reverses with antidepressants and both synthesis and expression drops with brain levels falling back to baseline levels, or well below in areas associated with anxiety and depression. This doesn't happen with ecstasy. It will cause hyper secretion as long as it is being taken, so much so that neurotransmitter production and expression exhausts not only a cell's neurotransmitters stocks, but its energy stores too resulting in the loss of synaptic terminals and sometimes the death of the cell itself.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 10:38:12 PM »
Thats true alot of people that use alot of xtc actually become depressed sometimes. Ive never touched it nor will i ever too sketch lol. Is it common to experiene headaches on zoloft? I never get headaches but the past couple of days i have them all day pretty much on and off.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 02:26:37 AM »
Is it common to experiene headaches on zoloft?

Yes, it is with most serotonergic antidepressants. Serotonin is more than a brain neurotransmitter. It has many functions in the body, including regulating blood vessel tone - constriction and dilation - and antidepressants may initially impact this causing headaches. Jaw clenching is another initial side-effects and this can also trigger headaches. They should pass. Acetaminophen based pain-killers are the preferred treatment as they do not affect blood clotting.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
Interesting stuff. Always found the science behind it fascinating! All of my friends continue to use it, some of them also have anxiety and depression problems in the past so I imagine it's not a good idea to be messing with your serotonin levels. But then again nothing has ever been proven
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 05:04:54 PM »
Yeah last night was crying alot on and off. Today still feel pretty depressed. I have gone out and done some stuff not just sitting in the house. I think the klonopin makes my depression worse to be honest. It does help with the anxiety my head still feels disconnected at times and really feel no emotions still. Can benzos make depression worse? I just hate feeling down all the time most of the time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 24
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 08:00:12 PM »
Yeah last night was crying alot on and off. Today still feel pretty depressed. I have gone out and done some stuff not just sitting in the house. I think the klonopin makes my depression worse to be honest. It does help with the anxiety my head still feels disconnected at times and really feel no emotions still. Can benzos make depression worse? I just hate feeling down all the time most of the time.

When I started taking Klonopin and or Valium , it was normal to have some 'down days' until my body would adjust to the BZD.

Also the SSRI + BZD = combination - would cause some up days  :happy0151: and some low days   :P for the first 3-6 months.

But the important thing - I noticed  I kept having better and better days - and quickly had a vast improvement - which is better than I ever expected... :yes:

Unfortunately, this is the nature of these medication during the startup phase, and it varies from one person to another - but yes it's normal when first starting... there is an adjustment period for most people I know.... Including myself...

Just hang in there  :grinning-smiley-003:

Things will start to get better and brighter  :nature-smiley-016:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags:

anything