Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Gastritis  (Read 308 times)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Gastritis
« on: August 14, 2014, 03:31:39 PM »
Since having HA I've never had an actual illness (I know the illnesses are all in my head) but this time I've actually got gastritis! I came home from work Monday after having a pounding head all day and knew I felt wrong. I literally ran the five minutes home to have a nap and started getting a stomach ache and had to make myself sick. I made myself sick twice since and now I've just got chronic stomach pains that come in waves. I've never had gastritis before so I'm not sure if this is what it is. It's tender to touch below my ribs and I get such strong waves of chronic unbearable stomach cramps. I saw the gp who barely listened to me, just felt tummy and said gastritis and prescribed omeprazole.

Has anyone had gastritis before? I'm trying to tell myself that's all it is but the HA side of me is telling me I'm going to die! As I say I've never had an actual illness since getting HA and it's made me feel panicky! (Funnily enough my heart fears have subsided!!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gastritis
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 04:27:46 PM »
Isn't that always the case? We get over one thing to move on to another.

I was given a general "gastritis" diagnosis after a CT scan showed inflammation. MY GP referred me to a gastro because she doesn't know anything about that, lol.
Prior to the issues with the tummy (well, I've actually had tummy issues since March of this year- but I REALLY think that was due to my HA), I injured my foot and took ibuprofen for a month, full dosage and on an empty stomach. Ugh, I think that's what did it to me.

So she's referring me to a gastro for follow-up and he's probably gonna wanna scope me, which I'm REALLY afraid of. So now, I'm fasting and hopefully letting it heal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Powerslave1724

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 04:37:05 PM »
I've had a scope down into my stomach and they knocked me out for it. I was nervous but the nurses made me feel very comfortable. I remember when they injected me with the stuff to knock me out, I felt this cool sensation. Within 10 seconds I was out cold. I woke up in the recovery room and my friend gave me a ride. I felt amazing and very relaxed from the drugs! Better than my xanax. Wouldn't mind having more of that stuff... :happy0151:

I was told I had acid reflux and was prescribed omeprazole. I can now eat fire.

I would like to get off this stuff though. Nothing beats a good diet with exercise for me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 04:44:44 PM »
Powerslave, that's relieving to here!

I'm on omeprazole right now but I can't tell if it's helping or not. I have incredible nausea that I think is due to my HA but that gastritis doesn't help. LOL.

And gastritis is a catch-all term that docs use when they aren't exactly sure. Were you incredibly stressed with the stomach pains began?
I know I was, lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sherlock

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 04:59:50 PM »
Gastritis is just inflammation of the lining of the stomach. It comes from stress, h.pylori bacteria, bile reflux, and over use of some medications. Take the omeprazole and try to watch your diet. No chocolate, coffee, or citrus, and reduce dairy and wheat.
Bookmark and Share
Currently Diagnosed With:

-LaryngoPharyngeal Reflux
-GastroEsophogeal Reflux
-Hiatal Hernia
-Gastritis
-Esophagitis

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 10:10:21 PM »
Yep, gastritis is just an inflammation of your stomach lining.  It can be used to describe most anything that inflames the stomach lining.

The omeprazole will take a few days to work.  STOP making yourself get sick, that just irritates it more.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 11:00:51 PM »
I had an EGD in April 2013 and my GI physician told me that I had mild gastritis. He said that in some cases the cause of gastritis is never found.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline kina

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 11:41:03 PM »
I go in for my endoscopy on Sept 3 I had h pylori last Nov. My sizzling feeling is back in my tummy and of course I'm freaking out and I am super gassy. I have had gerd for years. My last endoscopy was in 2009. When I talked to my doctor two days ago via phone she suggested gastritis
Bookmark and Share

Offline Powerslave1724

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 12:11:28 AM »
Powerslave, that's relieving to here!

I'm on omeprazole right now but I can't tell if it's helping or not. I have incredible nausea that I think is due to my HA but that gastritis doesn't help. LOL.

And gastritis is a catch-all term that docs use when they aren't exactly sure. Were you incredibly stressed with the stomach pains began?
I know I was, lol.

I get random nausea as well. I find my digestive issues always flare up when i'm stressed. Usually during the work week. My job puts a ton of stress on me which doesn't help my anxiety and digestive issues.  I find when im going through a lot of stress at work all my digestive issues are worse. That and after a good round of antibiotics. Exercise and good diet counters the issues and I always feel great when I am in a good cycle but I also like to drink so a lot of the times I find myself putting a few back and then NOT working out that day or the next which of course is worse for my anxiety/digestive issues.

I took a vacation last year to Bermuda and i had virtually no digestive issues at all. Bowel movements were pretty regular too. My doc said he could cure all my issues by just placing me on a tropical island for a long time. I told him if he wants to pay, i'll take him up on that one!  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 01:22:57 AM »
I was wondering if youre still having stomach issues. I have been having stomach issues for a month now but my dr says to stop dairy but im still having problems. Have you gone to the drs?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kina

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 02:37:32 AM »
In the morning I will b having my endoscopy I am sooooooooo afraid even though I have had one before
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 06:10:42 PM »
Good luck! Please tell me the results cuz im suffering the same symptoms
Bookmark and Share

Offline kina

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »
They saw a hiatal hernia and they are doing some biopsies to rule out celiac disease and h pylori my anxiety came out in my sedation they had to give me extra knock out juice as soon as I went under the or staff said I became combative n starting fighting it!!!!!! In the process of me acting like a big ole wild horse I bit my tounge n everything. It's amazing how anxiety can affect you
Bookmark and Share

Tags: