Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Afraid of being me  (Read 169 times)

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
Afraid of being me
« on: August 09, 2014, 12:46:44 PM »
Recently I've developed this new fear of being me. Like it scares me that everyone sees me the way I see them and that I'm technically all alone in the world, with my thoughts, with my actions. It's becoming strange that I'm even functioning I start questioning it, like 'how am I even doing all of these things?'. I can't look at other people now without thinking about how they see me the way I'm looking at them and they have their own thoughts and concerns just like me. I start wondering why I am me, like out of all the people in the world I could've been I'm me and then I start feeling alone again. It's so annoying and scary and I don't know how to not think about it. Distracting myself doesn't help, relaxing methods don't help. I'm on medication but it's gotten rid of all my other anxiety symptoms except now I've developed this.
I don't know what to do or how to get myself to stop thinking this way. I've lived with myself for 21 years and I'm just now worrying about this? I feel like I'll never be able to not worry about it. And that scares me too.

Does anyone else get like this? Any advice as to how to get over it? I know that everyone in the world is alone essentially but htat doesn't seem to bring me comfort no matter how many times I tell myself this. I just feel weird in my own body.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
Re: Afraid of being me
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 03:38:55 PM »
It also gives me a lot derealization where I just don't feel like things are real. Like I do but I don't. And it's so scary.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyD3an

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Overthinking is an ailment. Get rid of it.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 05:35:39 AM »
whatever you are saying, first it seems that you are much concern about what others think, which is something that has no solution except to get rid of it. I will help you. i used to be like you, always questioning who i am, what i do and what will others think everytime i do something. but then i read this somewhere that, "If you will think what others think, then what will others think" well, i accept i doesnt make much sense but i mean, do not care about others. Do what you want to do. people will say and leave. its their job to gossip but that doesnt mean that you have to worry, it will be their opinion not truth.

and about other thing, man you gotta learn to love yourself, love your company, start talking to yourself. Dont worry. just think if you, yourself wont enjoy your company who else will? take time, and how to do? well, take a piece of paper and start writing all good things you've done by now. then what things you are good at. appreciate every small thing. Talk to people. Interact with them and if you dont have anyone to talk to, start calling customer care numbers with any foolish doubts. its their job and they wont hang on you. Hope helped. Enjoy the life. Love your self.
Bookmark and Share
Even if i can't be helpful to someone, i will never ever harm anyone.

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 12:11:25 AM »
Thank you. It's not exactly a self image problem. I'm not worried about that. I was just having anxiety about being me, like I found it weird that I'm me and have my thoughts and see things in first person and walk and talk. It was just weird and a strange type of anxiety that I never experienced before but it's thankfully passed.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: