Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My fear of flying  (Read 275 times)

Offline lovestruck_idiot

• You're Never Alone
  • Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My fear of flying
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:48:05 AM »
Ok, so since July 17, 3 plane crashes!!!!! This sort of freaks me out.

But then I think, there are more than 100,000 commercial flights per day, so between July 17 and July 25, That's more than 700,000 commercial flights

Even though crashes are extremely uncommon, this week has had a 1/175,000 chance of a plane crashing. Which is pretty low still. My fear remains irrational! lol

Bookmark and Share
Believe and you will achieve. Time is of the essence, patience is key. Pull through times of harsh anxiety and come out stronger.

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My fear of flying
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:07:31 AM »
I certainly understand your fears!  I don't fly at all and for whatever reason, this three latest crashes make me even more firm in my belief that I will never fly again!!  All in all I think it's very, very safe to fly, I just don't like the sick feeling I get going up and coming down!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline flipperk

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 06:31:20 AM »
Ok, so since July 17, 3 plane crashes!!!!! This sort of freaks me out.

But then I think, there are more than 100,000 commercial flights per day, so between July 17 and July 25, That's more than 700,000 commercial flights

Even though crashes are extremely uncommon, this week has had a 1/175,000 chance of a plane crashing. Which is pretty low still. My fear remains irrational! lol

I checked the news this morning, 7 car wrecks between 12am and 5am in Houston.

You know, the more I gained experience in the aviation field the more I realized that when you fly you only have to worry about 1 or 2 people... those flying the plane. They have thousands of hours of flying under their belts, certifications, health exams, and constant training. When I drive my car, I must pass at least a hundred different drivers... all with the ability to hit me while I drive. Some of them don't even look healthy enough to walk out of bed... let alone drive.

A plane has more control over it than you driving your car down the road. Even if you are not the one flying.

I wouldn't put much thought about the amount of crashes lately... it happens. Crashes always have happen and will always happen. It is just a fact of life really. But, I would rather fly than do anything else... I absolutely love being a pilot.
Bookmark and Share
Aviation Professional --- If you have aviation related questions or fears, please feel free to message me.

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 07:24:38 AM »
Sounds like you're afraid of falling, not flying.
;P
Bookmark and Share

Online superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:59:49 AM »
hi, i am also a nervous flyer, but when i am on there and flying i am fine, do you have anything to do like read or something like that maybe listen to some music, its something to take your mind off it.
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Tags: