Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Litterely Obsession?  (Read 114 times)

Offline Nichlas224

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Litterely Obsession?
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:07:29 PM »
Im obsessed.. I think about my health every minute that im awake.. I have already done enough damage to those around me but its still 98% of what i think of..

I search google almost every minute of the day..
I only stop looking at google when i have found reasurrence and then i can stay cool for max 30minutes..
Then i do something or feel something and im back to google..
Every day, for more than 6 months.
Im scared of both Physcial and Mental health.
Its all the time, i barely think of anything else. Everything i do or say i link to mental health problems..
Ive even been told by my pdoc all i got is Adhd But i cant seem to stop beleving..
Its alooong time with this and ive copied symptoms since day one.
Worst thing ever was copying Sociopathic Havingg no emotions so since that (3months ago) i havnt felt alot. well.. atleast concious.

My question on this.. Anyone else who purely obsess about it? Everything you do or say relates to your physcial and mental health? And theres almost no room at all for anything or anyone to give your thoughts? I miss myself.. And i miss my gf..

- I even made quite a few posts on here, and that just proves my problem..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Litterely Obsession?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 05:35:51 PM »
Me! I have been this way since I was 7 years old. I am completely obsessed with my health. It's terrible. It controls my life. I will get fixated on a symptom or symptoms and be absolutely 100% convinced it's something horrible. I have a C phobia. I fear it so much and have all my life. I'm 27. I am also starting to have generalized anxiety where I fear other bad things happening to us like while traveling to the beach I feared the gas peddle sticking, the breaks failing. I got extremely anxious and almost had a panic attack while stuck in traffic on a brige over the ocean. I wanted to have all 4 kids unbuckle their car seats and roll down all windows in case it would break (but I didn't of that) as I age my anxiety is getting worse. I hate it :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Michael L

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 06:07:31 PM »
Stop littering!
 :laugh3:

I jest, I jest.

Seriously just do your best.

I have my good days and my bad.

The saying "idle hands are the devil's workshop" is accurate.

Find a positive hobby you can OCD about.

For me, it is video games.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:04:02 PM »
Me! I have been this way since I was 7 years old. I am completely obsessed with my health. It's terrible. It controls my life. I will get fixated on a symptom or symptoms and be absolutely 100% convinced it's something horrible. I have a C phobia. I fear it so much and have all my life. I'm 27. I am also starting to have generalized anxiety where I fear other bad things happening to us like while traveling to the beach I feared the gas peddle sticking, the breaks failing. I got extremely anxious and almost had a panic attack while stuck in traffic on a brige over the ocean. I wanted to have all 4 kids unbuckle their car seats and roll down all windows in case it would break (but I didn't of that) as I age my anxiety is getting worse. I hate it :(
Thats horrible :(.. Its controlling our lives.. and lindsay you are NOT alone with fearing the gas pedal stucking or breaks not working.. I fear that everytime.. Or when cars come towards you, i think theyll drive into our car.. Ur not alone :)

Stop littering!

I jest, I jest.

Seriously just do your best.

I have my good days and my bad.

The saying "idle hands are the devil's workshop" is accurate.

Find a positive hobby you can OCD about.

For me, it is video games.

Oh i play video games ^^ its actually all i do.. I sit in my room every minute awake, searching google while playing games..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Michael L

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 10:09:13 PM »
Maybe start reading.  If its a good book sometimes you just can't put it down!
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 11:34:29 PM »
Hi Nichlas,

Nobody wants to take medication - especially for OCD, but are you currently seeing a doctor, have they prescribed any medications for your OCD Condition?  I had this problem for years, until I started therapy with proper medical medications - I just wasted so many years of my life.

Also, Here a great link on AZ website regarding OCD information about the condition and a self-test.

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHocd.pdf - OCD + SELF-TEST
                                            I have upsetting thoughts or images enter my mind again and again.
                                            I feel like I canít stop these thoughts or images, even though I want to.
                                            I have a hard time stopping myself from doing things again : counting, checking on things, washing hands.
                                            I am Re-arranging objects, doing things until it feels right, collecting useless objects
                                            I worry a lot about terrible things that could happen if Iím not careful.
                                            I have unwanted urges to hurt someone but know I never would.

Here is a link to my OCD story - I posted a while back:

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,90700.msg506076.html#msg506076

Wishing you the best  :grinning-smiley-003:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

ďYou canít live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 04:08:22 AM »
Maybe start reading.  If its a good book sometimes you just can't put it down!
I wish that Michael, ive been trying stuff like that but a few minutes and im thinking again :/
Thanks for reply^^

Hi Nichlas,

Nobody wants to take medication - especially for OCD, but are you currently seeing a doctor, have they prescribed any medications for your OCD Condition?  I had this problem for years, until I started therapy with proper medical medications - I just wasted so many years of my life.

Also, Here a great link on AZ website regarding OCD information about the condition and a self-test.

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHocd.pdf - OCD + SELF-TEST
                                            I have upsetting thoughts or images enter my mind again and again.
                                            I feel like I canít stop these thoughts or images, even though I want to.
                                            I have a hard time stopping myself from doing things again : counting, checking on things, washing hands.
                                            I am Re-arranging objects, doing things until it feels right, collecting useless objects
                                            I worry a lot about terrible things that could happen if Iím not careful.
                                            I have unwanted urges to hurt someone but know I never would.

Here is a link to my OCD story - I posted a while back:

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,90700.msg506076.html#msg506076

Wishing you the best  :grinning-smiley-003:

Hmm i started my adhd medication a few days ago..
My pdoc said my only problem is my adhd and didn find any need to diagnose anxiety and/or ocd I obvious have health anxiety and some ocd.. But she make it sound like my adhd is causing it.. I dont know if i belive that :/

Ill read the links, thanks ^^
Bookmark and Share

Tags: