Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: lexapro questions  (Read 100 times)

Offline KyleFinn24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
lexapro questions
« on: July 13, 2014, 01:02:46 AM »
helllo everyone im back after being away for awhile. My anxiety has returned and unfortunately it caused me to get on disability from job. My doctor decided to let me try lexapro. I fought hard and long second guessing it and i decided to start it. 3 days in i feel alright when im on it i feel drowsy and alittle clumsy nothing to crazy but earlier tonight before i took it i started having these random blackouts while i was panicking. Im not to sure if this is lexapro or anxiety or even xanax. Anyway other symptoms ive been getting are tension headaches,fatigue,insomnia.heightened anxiety,ringing in the ears,racing thoughts,but i will say im not worried about any major fears anymore besides this stuff
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 86
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: lexapro questions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 03:38:59 AM »
Anyway other symptoms ive been getting are tension headaches,fatigue,insomnia.heightened anxiety,ringing in the ears,racing thoughts,

These are all, unfortunately, not uncommon side-effects when starting an antidepressant, particularly a SSRI. Were you started on 10mg, or the recommended 5mg for those with an anxiety disorder?

but i will say im not worried about any major fears anymore besides this stuff

Antidepressants typically take 3-12 weeks to kick-in from the time a therapeutic dose is commenced (10mg for Lexapro) as they have no direct anti anxiety effects but work by promoting the growth of new brain cells and strengthening interconnections between cells and brain regions. It is the new cells and stronger connections which produce the therapeutic effect. And improvements before then are usually due to the placebo effect and may not last.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline KyleFinn24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 07:27:21 AM »
thanks for replying but even those random "blackouts" youd say or normal side effects ? i remembered after the fact but in the moment i coudnt remember anything very weird
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 86
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 08:00:45 AM »
thanks for replying but even those random "blackouts" youd say or normal side effects ? i remembered after the fact but in the moment i coudnt remember anything very weird

Are you sure they actually happened and aren't a distorted memory of the panic attack? It is not uncommon for people to think they're about to pass out during an attack, though it is rare for it to actually happen.

I don't really see how Lexapro would produce them, especially as you say they occurred just before you took the next dose. If the med was causing them I would expect it to happen when it reached peak plasma levels, not when plasma concentrations were near their lowest point.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: