Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: MS fears again  (Read 240 times)

Offline rckstr1253

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
MS fears again
« on: July 12, 2014, 04:00:21 AM »
Thought I posted this earlier but its not here so I probably forgot to click post....but I can't seem to get MS off my mind.  My doctor says its not MS, and my arms feel better and most symptoms gone.....but  I can't seem to shake the MS bug.  I had my right arm start with pins and needles, then it hurting.  Withing a week my left arm had the same symptoms.  In my palms was a quarter size throbbing pain and I was able to see the veins/whatever throbbing through my palm.  After 2 or so weeks it cleared up but by week 4 I had shin splint/burning pain in my legs and the occasional cold feet.  I had jolts of nerve pain through out my body, muscle twitches and pressure on the left side of my head.  Most of it is gone, but I can't help but think its still MS even though my doctor assured me it isn't and won't send me for an MRi.  Says I'd be wasting my money.  I don't know what to think anymore.....maybe I am crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: MS fears again
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:13:43 AM »
I wasted my money lol. Try a different doc...ease your mind. Then work on that anxiety!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 04:20:25 AM »
Yea I mean I like my doctor and he sat with me 40 minutes or so......did some arm/hand pushing away his tests and so forth.  He did state if my arm issue was due to MS my EMG would of showed an abnormality as my muscles would have some damage.  But mine came back perfectly healthy.  Another doctor told me an EMG wouldn't show any MS symptoms.....so I don't know what to think.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 12:30:36 PM »
There is really no "definite" test for ms, although if your brain or spine show lesions that means you have ms. Even if you did have it, it's not a death sentence. Stop freaking out lol. Yes I have/had your symptoms :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 01:56:01 PM »
I just can't seem to get it off my mind....even though my symptoms come on mostly when I am stressed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 12:14:55 AM »
Does anxiety cause muscle pain that feels like the muscle is being stretched or ripped from the bone?
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 01:36:45 AM »
Anxiety can cause anything you let it to. It's stupid >.<
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 01:42:36 AM »
Yea it does suck!  IDK i mean I am not letting it or thinking about it, but I do get like a muscle pulling or tightening pain in the upper tricep area and the same pain in the bicep area going towards my shoulders.  It really hurts at times. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline LASD

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 04:03:46 AM »
I get the same exact pains. To me it happens mostly in triceps or biceps when I extend my arms out. Feels like the muscles are tearing right in half. Of course, I too am fearing MS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »
YEa that is the pain I have and I have it today in my shins......but it went away after a bit.  The pharmacist I work with(CVS) said he thinks I have anxiety and Fibromyalgia
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 04:42:47 PM »
I definitely am no wuss when it comes to pain, but this pain is really getting to point I am ready to break down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 07:19:40 PM »
I am starting to wonder if I have lyme's disease as my muscles ache and I have a lot of popping noises from shoulder and wrist joints.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 10:54:02 PM »
I think fibromyalgia stems from a mental disorder. I.e. Anxiety. Your mind can create any pain. It's hard to believe but I am going through it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicoline

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 07:39:57 AM »
I can definitely relate to your post. I'm beyond anxious to have MS however i had so many test done by the doctor and neurologist! I can get i out of my mind, ive literaly been obsessed by the fact i have a disease.

So many weird sympoms, day in day out! When i'm getting used to a symptom i get a new one!! So frustrating.
For example, i'm getting used to my feet tingling when i bend my leg over the other. Now that stops and i'm getting a pinched throat feeling. Some days i'm fine and the next day im a wreck!!

I hate anxiety!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 06:54:46 PM »
I can definitely relate to your post. I'm beyond anxious to have MS however i had so many test done by the doctor and neurologist! I can get i out of my mind, ive literaly been obsessed by the fact i have a disease.

So many weird sympoms, day in day out! When i'm getting used to a symptom i get a new one!! So frustrating.
For example, i'm getting used to my feet tingling when i bend my leg over the other. Now that stops and i'm getting a pinched throat feeling. Some days i'm fine and the next day im a wreck!!

I hate anxiety!!!!!

Yea it sucks!!! I hope you get better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: