Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Excessive shakiness....Frieking out.... Please Help!  (Read 137 times)

Offline carolina girl

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Excessive shakiness....Frieking out.... Please Help!
« on: July 10, 2014, 11:39:53 AM »
I am beyond frustrated with what my doctor says is Panic Disorder. I have so much shakiness in my extremities, particularly my hands and legs, that it is driving me insane.  I was feeling much better on the new med of Xanax but now an right back to the same way I was before that. And that was only last week.  :traurig001:I wake up shaking in the mornings in my hands and I notice when I walk down a set of stairs my legs shake.  So now I am SO VERY WORRIED I have MS.  I had a CT scan of my head for dizziness about 5 years ago but that has been a long time.  And I also get this feeling when I move around or turn my head that feels like I'm being shocked.  I also feel weak most of the time.  It is driving me insane.  Can anyone else relate to these issues? Or offer some comforting advise? I haven't mentioned the concern of MS to my doctor as this is fairly new but I have had anxiety issues for about 10 years now.  Thanks in advance to everyone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Excessive shakiness....Frieking out.... Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »
I know I have experienced these same symptoms, and I'm sure many on this board have as well.   I bought the book "Hope and Help for your nerves" by Claire Weekes.  I highly recommend it.  Some advice she gives, is when feeling tense/anxious is to let it happen.  Easier said than done, but let it happen.  Also, when you are in a state of calm, try to make yourself tense/anxious.  I couldn't do it.  The book has done wonders for me.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »
Anxiety can cause so many symptoms even when we don't realize we are really having anxiety but the biggest thing for me is that when a doctor finds out we have anxiety they want to blame it all on anxiety and not really listen to us but they do need to do our blood work and some ct scans or x-rays etc.. it could be the spine out of alignment starting at the top causing your head to feel like it is being shocked and yes meds can cause these symptoms I have had that happen a lot when trying meds.
There can be many reasons for what you are going through and it very well could be the anxiety we get brain zaps and jello legs and so much more but we do also have to push our doctors to take us serious and make sure we are healthy both mentally and physically.

I honestly doubt it is MS because I know several people with it and they never mentioned what you did . I more in agreement it could be anxiety but also maybe the spine which can be checked easily and adjusted.
I hope you feel better soon and I so understand how scary this is.

Tye
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline carolina girl

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:21:36 PM »
Thank  you both for your repsonse!  I will definitely try out the book doug65!  It's nice to hear when others do similar things or know others who may.  It helps ease the mind just a little. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline SkittishSari

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 01:03:28 AM »
I get this as well. I have an essential tremor that gets MUCH worse when anxious, or nervous, or if I have had too much caffeine, too much wine the night before, etc. it's pretty common with anxious people. Oh, and my blood sugar is super sensitive and I will literally shake all over if I have too much sugar (reactive hypoglycemia).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: