Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Think I have found relief to my brain tumor fear.  (Read 217 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Think I have found relief to my brain tumor fear.
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:04:42 AM »
Ok so some of you know that I've had brain tumor fear for a few months cause of me having a sinus infection that was very chronic and still believe I have one and bad allergies.

Well this is what I thought about. A logical moment. The ct scan of my sinuses showed evidence that I did have sinus infection. It was a nasty one. Even after lots of meds, it still wasn't gone. My symptoms were feeling off balance, pressure tightness in my forehead, bridge of nose, eyes, dizzy head, nasal congestion and post nasal drip.

The ct scan of my brain was fine.

Ok so really think about this, if I was to go and get MRI, which  I'm not cause can't afford one but if I was, supposed a tumor did pop up. The question would be, was it the tumor or infection that caused the symptoms?
We know it doesn't cause nasal congestion not post nasal drip and would be very weird for it to cause tightness in my forehead exactly where the sinuses are. Tumors do cause dizziness but so does sinus problems and allergies.

So that's a really tough question. So it would seem to be that a tiny tumor would be spotted and incidental which I highly doubt. And real tiny Tumors are usually benign anyway. Cause if it was a big slug, I think it would just be weird. You see what I'm saying.

So next time my anxiety wants to play with my mind and not make a dab of sense, I will think about how random and weird it would be. 

Next time I feel dizzy headed, I will no it's not a tumor it would be down right silly.

Duh.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 205
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Think I have found relief to my brain tumor fear.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 07:10:53 AM »
I am glad you have a logical argument you can make to yourself when BEASTY starts whispering in your ear  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline mikewise77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 10:19:17 AM »
The thing that I have learned over the years is that dizziness, even debilitating dizziness is such a benign symptom. It can be caused by so many varying things that in and of itself it shouldn't be too bad of a worry. I think you are doing a great job of fighting off the anxiety, I am so sorry for your sinus issues though I know firsthand how frustrating those can be.
I never ever used to get allergies but over the last year and a half I have been getting them and they cause the WORST brain fog sometimes. It is all I can do to slough through the day. But after dealing with this for so long the dizziness no longer makes me think that I am dying. That was a big hurdle when I passed it, now it is in my rearview. Hang in there :)
Mike
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:12:12 PM »
Yes I've not been able to get my allergies under control and I still think I have some sinus problems going on. So I'm probably gonna have to go and see my ent again and tell her how I'm still struggling with them. And see whaty options are.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikewise77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »
Have you tried the head positional exercises? I've found that they can help at least a little though you have to be patient, it takes time for your system to 'relearn' it's balance.
Mike 
Bookmark and Share

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 02:32:14 PM »
Ok so some of you know that I've had brain tumor fear for a few months cause of me having a sinus infection that was very chronic and still believe I have one and bad allergies.

Well this is what I thought about. A logical moment. The ct scan of my sinuses showed evidence that I did have sinus infection. It was a nasty one. Even after lots of meds, it still wasn't gone. My symptoms were feeling off balance, pressure tightness in my forehead, bridge of nose, eyes, dizzy head, nasal congestion and post nasal drip.

I want to take a moment to thank you so very much for this portion of your post.  I have been thru almost the exact same thing recently.  Your symptoms that you list could have come, verbatim, out of my mouth. 

While it doesn't make them go away, it's comforting in a stupid way to know that I am indeed not alone in the "sinus issues / anxiety" game.

Just yesterday I got some ear pain in my right ear.  (Still have it today)  When it first started, it scared me right into a panic attack that my "brain tumor" has FINALLY surfaced.  (Had another panic attack this morning as well but have been calmer since)

I'm sorry your are suffering what your are suffering, I really am.  But it's nice to know I'm not alone.  (yes, this is a very selfish post... sorry)

Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 11:34:05 AM »
I thought I had replied but it must didn't post.

Yeah allergies and sinuses are no fun.

No worries, not being selfish.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: