Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Panic attack this morning  (Read 94 times)

Offline Brittney.kerby0510

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panic attack this morning
« on: July 09, 2014, 08:24:49 PM »
This morning WAS NOT my first panic attack. I've suffered panic attacks for 6 years. I have to say, this morning felt like one of the worst ones. My heart rate stayed at 140 beats per minutes the entire 35 minutes of the attack. I always feel all of the symptoms that come with panic attacks; this morning was no different. Once it ended, I felt wore out, tired, foggy, not like myself, in a dream like, dizzy or lightheaded maybe. I am still feeling like that. Is it normal to feel the after effects of a panic attack all day like this? Are those normal feelings? My husband always asks me what's different than the ones before. My answer is always this "each one feels different. It's like they're never the same, so I freak out everytime as if it's my first one" I tell you all this, because I can't believe I don't know if these after math symptoms are normal. It's all so frustrating. Does anyone deal with those symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic attack this morning
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:55:55 PM »
A Big Yes  B-;

When I had my first series of Panic Attacks (as many as 4x per day) - some of the Panic Attacks were a level 4 -6 (which I was able to mentally settle myself down with some mental techniques) and then I would get level 7-10 Panic Attacks (that were so physically taxing on my body, I had to modify my work schedule or school schedule), they just stayed with me the Entire Day  :dazed:.

It wasn't until I using my medications  :grinning-smiley-003: - that my Panic Attacks - when I did have them - were much fewer(1 per week) and never reached a level no higher than a 4-5 - and were easily managed.  :happy0151:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic attack this morning
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 06:22:27 AM »
Yes, the aftermath you describe is quite common.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: