Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What can resemble Pancreatic Cancer  (Read 512 times)

Offline Masond_06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What can resemble Pancreatic Cancer
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »
I've lost about 15 pounds so far this year and I haven't had a normal bowel movement in about a month or two. They are loose but not diarrhea and I go over four times a day sometimes. Also I've developed a pain on my right side that is very vague and hard to describe. Doesn't feel muscle or gas related as I've had both. It's on the right side and it will go from my lower right and then go into my upper back along the lat area. I thought it was anxiety related but it didn't alleviate with a Xanax. Wondering what it could be.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Michael L

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What can resemble Pancreatic Cancer
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:08:27 PM »
IBS

Gallstones

And of course.....anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline Masond_06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 01:40:18 PM »
I'm not skeptical of other things just worried about the worst as my dad is passing from it though he had other cancers before it. My pain goes up to my shoulder blades sometimes. It's constant and certain movements alleviate to an extent. It's mainly on the right side. Front low abdomen and middle to upper back. I had a blood test and doctors saw nothing of worry though I have an appointment tomorrow with a different doctor. I'd like to get a ct but don't want to be exposed to unneeded amounts of radiation but I don't knoe of any other way to ease my mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Michael L

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:26:23 PM »
The shoulder pain thing sounds like it could be gallstones
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 02:39:47 PM »
Gall Bladder would be my first culprit.  I didn't have stones, but I had the pain and my GB just stopped working.  I have an autoimmune liver disease and I think I had it then and didn't realize it. 

I know you said you've had gas, but it can do some wild and weird things.  I thought I was having a heart attack one night due to the pain in my upper side and my middle back and once I passed gas it went away.

The weight loss can be IBS related too.  Have you changed your diet in anyway to make the weight come off.  When did your dad die?  Did the weight come off after that.  Depression can cause fluctuations in your weight due to appetite.

As you know, PC is one of those diseases that hides until its really bad.  You have loose stools, but what color are they?  Does the pain go away when you change positions?  If it does, you don't have PC.  PC pain (as you probably know)  doesn't go away no matter what.  My cousin died of it and the only relief he got was a heated blanket and morphine.

Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline Masond_06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 07:52:54 AM »
I went and saw my GP Friday and I'm scheduled for an ultrasound of the right flank and a renal ultrasound. He said he's not worried about pancreas because I've had abdominal scans in the past 6-12 months and nothing was abnormal. Though I know none of them I had an IV for resolution. Don't know if that makes a difference. He doesn't know at the moment and wants to ease my mind. I had a renal ultrasound earlier this year I think and he said there was a slight abnormality around an area where the liver connects to the kidney or around the bile ducts or bladder. Don't remember. He just wants to look at that again. But he said he's 99.9 percent sure everything will come back being nothing. Though you can assume that I'm not so sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 01:36:36 PM »
Gall Bladder would be my first culprit.  I didn't have stones, but I had the pain and my GB just stopped working.  I have an autoimmune liver disease and I think I had it then and didn't realize it. 

I know you said you've had gas, but it can do some wild and weird things.  I thought I was having a heart attack one night due to the pain in my upper side and my middle back and once I passed gas it went away.

The weight loss can be IBS related too.  Have you changed your diet in anyway to make the weight come off.  When did your dad die?  Did the weight come off after that.  Depression can cause fluctuations in your weight due to appetite.

As you know, PC is one of those diseases that hides until its really bad.  You have loose stools, but what color are they?  Does the pain go away when you change positions?  If it does, you don't have PC.  PC pain (as you probably know)  doesn't go away no matter what.  My cousin died of it and the only relief he got was a heated blanket and morphine.

How did you know the pain wasn't muscular?

Like if you pressed your back muscles could you feel the pain and or relief, or was the pain an internal out of reach pain?

Like how can you distinguish muscle pain from an organ pain like the gallbladder or pancreas?

Im very afraid because unlike you guys, mine is on the left

Please reply

Thanks in advance :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Masond_06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 05:13:22 PM »
So I have a renal ultrasound tomorrow. Will that be able to rule out the pancreatic cancer worry that seems to be persistent in my thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Masond_06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 09:06:43 PM »
Missed the Ultrasound. Yay. That sure does help with the anxiety. The pain is now becoming more prevalent. It's all focuses on the right flank. Midway up my back also. That's mainly where the pain is located.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 10:32:25 PM »
Missed the Ultrasound. Yay. That sure does help with the anxiety. The pain is now becoming more prevalent. It's all focuses on the right flank. Midway up my back also. That's mainly where the pain is located.

keep us updated
Bookmark and Share

Offline Masond_06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »
Went for an ultrasound last week and got the results today which were negative. So I don't know where to go from here. I still have a worry of pancreatic cancer or colon cancer. Can't get it out of my head. The only reason I would assume I would have either is because the amount of abdominal ct scans I've had. The ultrasound tech told me last week she had looked through my ct scans and everything was normal except for a small amount of diverticulitis. I asked why I was never told and she said it was such a small amount. I know I've had a couple abdominal scans last years maybe three.i just can't escape the worry of the cancer. I've had a work up of blood and urine tests the past couple weeks and it was all negative and now the ultrasound negative. It has to be something causing my problems.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 03:30:06 PM »
Is your back pain on both sides or just one side (left or right)? We sound like twins!!

Ultrasound and CBC were clear. Now do I want to go for further imaging or not? Hmmm.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 04:20:36 PM »
And does this abdominal/back pain come and go or has it been consistent for months or does it seem to flare-up?
Bookmark and Share

Online Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 04:43:11 PM »
It sounds exactly like a gall bladder attack to me.

My friend at church had pancreatic cancer. She had NO symptoms. It was found by accident 6 years ago and she's been fine since surgery.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Masond_06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 06:33:15 PM »
My pain is on the right side. Mid way up the back and sometimes lower. The pain is constant but sometimes minimal to where I don't notice it. The mornings is the worst. My bowels changed for a bit but got back on track it seems. I don't know where to go from here as I've had lots of cts in my past, as I said I think I had three last year.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: