Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Opening up to my pastor  (Read 125 times)

Offline Cwhite513

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Opening up to my pastor
« on: July 09, 2014, 04:42:34 PM »
I've been going to the same church for over 8 years now and had the same pastor all those years. He knows me and I know him pretty well. Sunday the sermon was on worry and anxiety and giving it all up to God. It was exactly what I needed to hear that day. I walked out feeling pretty good. So later on in the day I sent him a ***** message telling him how his sermon really touched me and how the verse he used was just what I needed to hear. I did open up a little about my anxiety and struggle which I don't like telling people. I also asked for some other verses to help through hard times. So I saw that on Sunday afternoon he read it. ***** always shows when someone reads your message. Guess the response I got.......nothing. Absolutely nothing. I can't believe I did that and didn't even get any sort of response. I feel really angry with him right now. I thought I would get some support from a man of God. I'm not even sure I want to go back to church. I'm so upset. What would you all do in this situation?
Bookmark and Share

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Opening up to my pastor
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 05:19:17 PM »
I have been in the same situation and I walked away because a Pastors job is to be there for congregation and help them and if he or she can not offer any help even just  little then they need to rethink their job at the church because it is actually a job they get paid for and it is the House of The Lord not just their house and I have seen this so many times and just recently I had the  Pastor and his wife at our house where my Husband has been attending and once I met the Pastor and listened to him I thought wow you need to find a new job or new something. 
 The Pastor before at the other church I attended told everyone right on stage HE doesn't counsel people at all to get help from someone else I got up walked out!
  It is sad that your PASTOR couldn't offer some advice or some verses to help you out I am so sorry maybe you need to ask why I would but I am a very blunt person.

We are to forgive of course but we do not have to be around people who have hurt us we know when to walk away and realize sometimes people aren't who they seem to be.

Take care and Know God will always be around for you and help you through this.!

Charles Stanley Life Principle Bible is awesome!

Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline Cwhite513

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Opening up to my pastor
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:01:10 PM »
I think I might just walk away. You are right. It's IS his job to be there for his congregation whether it be a physical illness or mental illness or anything really. You are right in needing to forgive him and move on but it's so hard! I'm not giving up on my faith but but I am going to wall away from him.

Thanks for your kind words! I will check out the Charles Stanley Life principle Bible. I think the one I have now is the new international version
Bookmark and Share

Tags: