Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fatal insomnia or just anxiety?  (Read 62 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fatal insomnia or just anxiety?
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »
Greetings,

For the past 3 nights, I have had some trouble sleeping.  It is really starting to worry me because it will be 11:00 p.m. and I won't be tired at all.  Usually around 11:30-11:45 I will finally fall asleep and wake up at around 6:30.  Well last night, the same thing happened, so what I did was I listened to music while I walked back and forth in my room until about 11:30, and finally passed out but woke up every two hours until 6:30 this morning.  And, I actually fell back asleep at 6:30, and woke up again at 6:45 but I fell right into REM sleep and had a very vivid dream about tornadoes (I'm scared of them).

Anyway, I have been anxious since this started, the insomnia is very scary as well.  I have checked my heart rate and it goes up and down, and I feel like I can't breath when I try and lay down to go to sleep.  I am dreading this because I don't want to die from this.  No one has the Fatal Familial Insomnia, but I am terrified I had Sporadic Fatal Insomnia - the non-inherited form of the disease.

I'm scared that by thinking about it so much that I gave myself the disorder, since it doesn't have to be inherited.   :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 197
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fatal insomnia or just anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 04:15:37 PM »
someone was posting on this EXACT fear yeasterday.  I posted on her thread 3 times or so.  I don't want to rewrite the exact same things so I am posting the link.

fatal insomnia is one of thos POPULAR hypochondriac fears because it is big, bad and scary.  but you don't have it either  :winking0008:

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,91010.0.html
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fatal insomnia or just anxiety?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »
Is your forum name a Blackadder reference?  I am not trying to poke fun but when I have trouble sleeping watching somehing funny really helps me to relax.  May I recommend Blackadder Goes Forth ...it the WW1 series....just don't watch the last episode.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: