Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Repeated abdominal muscle pull?  (Read 80 times)

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Repeated abdominal muscle pull?
« on: July 09, 2014, 10:19:40 AM »
I've posted about my issue before, but it's so strange that barely anyone has an idea of what it could be.

Anywho, my issue is that I get these weird "attacks" of lower right abdominal irritation. Sometimes as soon as I wake up, sometimes in the middle of the day.

They're weird. It doesn't actually hurt consistently, only when I walk, or lift my right leg, or twist a certain way, or cough, jump ect. It's really hard to describe. The "irritation" lasts a few days and then i'm back to normal until the next one. I don't have any other symptoms except for the ones created by anxiety.

At first I thought it was because I overate on some days, but I was describing it to my mom and she said "that sounds like it's muscular to me"

As I thought about it more, the more it made sense. I skateboard, and I push with my right leg, so a repeated overuse injury in my abdominal wall sounds very possible. One time I had an attack on 2 sundays one after another. The day before, I skated a lot.

Also, I think my anxiety has something to do with it. The last attack I had was caused by my anxiety alone.

also, that area feels harder and tenser than the left side.

does anyone have any idea?

Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Offline mikewise77

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Repeated abdominal muscle pull?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 12:52:02 PM »
It sounds structural to me, muscular possibly for sure. It probably would not hurt to get it looked at by a DR though, I pulled a muscle right around the same area once while lifting weights. My biggest concern was a possible hernia but the DDR looked at it said it was fine and told me to rest and recover. One thing to keep in mind is, if you did pull a muscle in that area it can take a good amount of time to recover. It's really easy to re strain it if it doesn't heal, which just increases your recovery time. It sucks but take it easy and you'll be fine :)
Mike
Bookmark and Share

Tags: abdominal muscle pain