Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Was doing better but am now anxious again...help?  (Read 68 times)

Offline niehaux

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Was doing better but am now anxious again...help?
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:53:16 PM »
Hello!

I posted about my fear of having rabies a couple of days ago, and since then I had felt a lot better, but my anxiety resurfaced for no apparent reason today and I'm upset again.

My original fear stems from the fact that while I was up north (in Michigan) at my friend's cottage, my friends and I handled and ate some food that had been broken into by an animal. We never found out what kind of animal it was, but the bite marks on the containers were small so we assumed it was a mouse or a small animal, but then I remembered that my friend had raccoons in her cottage about 3 weeks before we came up (they had them taken out of the house before we came up, of course). Now I'm scared that it was a raccoon that broke into our food and that, somehow, I contracted rabies this way. The containers weren't wet when we picked them up (to my knowledge) and the food was wrapped in plastic wrap, which was unbroken, when I ate it, but I'm still concerned.

This happened about 5 days ago. I'm becoming more anxious about it just thinking about it. I thought about telling my mother but I don't want to be shot down by her, despite the fact that my rational mind is telling me I have nothing to worry about. Can anyone offer some advice or tips on how to get over this fear? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Was doing better but am now anxious again...help?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:19:33 PM »
while its not technically impossible to get rabies from such a thing, the chances are so low that... well simply put, you have a better chance of being killed by a meteor hitting earth and wiping out all life on the planet, than you do of getting rabies in such a manner.
Bookmark and Share