Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello !! First Post !! GAD !!  (Read 52 times)

Offline lfiasche

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello !! First Post !! GAD !!
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »
Hello !! First Time Poster Here!! :action-smiley-065:
First of all I would like to say its nice to know that I am not alone. Although it sure does feel like we are all alone sometimes doesn't it. Nobody else understands..nobody else feels the way we do., but then if you read long enough you find out there's at least one person out there that feels just like you do.
So I'm 43 male, married, two kids and the final one on his way !! Due October 3rd. Hailing from Central New York State. Where winter is long and the sun goes away for many days...gray, gray,gray
For over twenty years I have taken some sort of antidepresent drug. Mostly of the SSRI category.Until a few years ago I always saw my GP for my meds...she finally referred me to a Pdoc ....and so the saga begins.. without going into a ton of detail this so called doc told me I was bipolar...and put me on lamictal and lexapro ( I think ) . As time went on I realized I was nothing more than a cash cow for this guy. I never saw him...always a subordinate of his...your butt cheeks bareley hit the chair and they had your scripts written and " Here's your hat whats your hurry "" No thanks....
I continued with the meds , getting the scripts from my GP. But I always felt like I was missing something..like there had to be more.  I then was lucky enough to get into a clinic with the local teaching hospital. I started seeing a NP who specialized in Anxiety and she took me off the Lexapro and put me on Prozac and for awhile things were good. She left due to medical reasons and I continued on seeing another doc and things were pretty great...so great in fact that I thought I would like to try it without the meds. Biggest Mistake Ever!! I was good for several months. We had a horrible winter last year that seemed to last forever..and by easter I was a mess.
So I tried this new drug VIBRID..damn near threw myself on a sharp stick...they took me directly from that to Lexapro...that didnt work either...major side effects. I have never been so sick ...ever...and I pray to GOD that I am never that sick Again. I am now on Prozac again..it was tough getting readjusted , I am taking 40 mg of that and 15mg of Mirtazipine for sleep. I was so sleep deprived ...nothing else works if your sleep deprived....nothing! The depression portion went away fairly quickly...the anxiety I am still doing battle with. So last night I started taking Buspar...I am still getting breakthrough anxiety. From the reading Ive done you either love buspar or hate it. I wont know for a couple weeks probably.
The only downside to the clinic I go to is that now all the docs I see are residents , so you just get a relationship going and they leave. I am now waiting for my new doc to call me ... I think I am going to try 60 mg of prozac too..last time I upped it ...holy headache..right in the back of my head.  So there ya have it folks .....the short story. Peace ...and hang in there friends

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello !! First Post !! GAD !!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 05:34:12 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: