Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worry about worrying  (Read 168 times)

Offline Sir Worry Alot

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worry about worrying
« on: July 08, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »
Hello all, well I'm finally making my first post after lurking on here for some time now looking for an answer to my issue.   I have health anxiety like most of you here and so many of your post have put my mind at ease . However I have not found my exact answer yet and its driving my nuts!  I seem to take this one step further and worry that all of my worrying about heart health and breathing health has been bad for me and I start to worry about worrying. Does anyone else ever do this? 

This is what I do.. I will start to worry about my heart all day and then the next day start worrying that I damaged my heart by worrying about it the previous day because I got it racing and pounding just worrying about it all day.  Then start worrying if other people do this.. ugh!!  I am in a viscous cycle or loop. 2 months now.  I hope this makes some sense to you all?   Please help me if any of you have this happen to you.  Worrying that your anxiety or overthinking has caused damage to you is now at the forefront of my anxiety and has been like this for 2 months now.  I just need to know that someone else out there does what I do.  Worrying that your anxiety or overthinking has caused damage to you? 
I just need to know that someone else out there does what I do.  You people are amazing!
Regards
Bookmark and Share

Offline agonisingsoul

• In the middle of the crisis
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worry about worrying
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 04:05:26 PM »
I myself don't worry about my heart or the consequences on my physical health.

But I have a similar circle of thoughts, worrying that my illness of worrying is crippling my life.
And it is ironic because it is so self-referential..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sir Worry Alot

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worry about worrying. Please Read!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:01:49 PM »
 Thanks for the reply agonisingsoul.  It's just driving me crazy, because my mind wont stop thinking about the previous episodes of anxiety and then starts the loop again.
I get worked up all over again every time I have thoughts that I'm the only one with this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 10:54:01 PM »
Oh my God... That 2-3 second weird feeling you've described, I GET ALL THE TIME. It's like this sudden self realization... I feel too conscious, like I'm conscious of my own consciousness. And in theory this should be a good feeling... But instead I feel this unimaginable feeling of dread and unwantedness. I feel too exposed, like I've been asleep all my life and I've just woken up. I know how you feel and you aren't alone.

What has helped me is simply ignoring those feelings and not dwelling on them. I can't stop them from happening, but I can not worry and that makes it better.
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:59:03 PM »
Sorry about the above post.. This was meant for another topic  ::) ::) ::) this is really awkward... Sorry :(
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Offline zav4999

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 11:17:58 PM »
I can relate to the poster here. My anxiety for most of the time was heart related. Worried that something was wrong with mine because my anxiety always seemed to stem from feeling uncomfortable in the chest area and arms. I've had so many ekg's done over the years, chest x rays, blood work and everythings came back fine. I started taking Zoloft and felt like I was getting ahold of my life. But I keep having the anxiousness and it's not all day it's at periods of the day. For instance today, I felt ok most the day. But i'm at the store and my left arm feels uncomfortable(one of my typical anxiety symptoms) and then I start worrying and work myself up into anxiousness. So now i'm home, took a anti anxiety med, and just laying here thinking what the hell, why do I have to have some type of anxiety episode during the day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mammak

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 11:45:16 PM »
I have a morning cycle of thoughts that revolves around what is left to do -- and there is always something left to do. Then I worry about even doing the tasks. Blah. I get it.
Bookmark and Share
Kendra :)

Offline Sir Worry Alot

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 01:43:36 AM »
keep the replies coming everyone.  Thanks to those that have already replied thus far. It's weird because I did not start out with worrying about worrying. it was like at the end of my health anxiety and then my mind went BAM..my mind started worrying that I had done damage from all the health anxiety worries that I've been through the last 2 months so then I started to analyze everything that I had previously gone through.  So of course this got my heart pounding and then I started to think about that specific heart-pounding episode that I just had and then the loop starts all over again and everytime I have an episode I start thinking about the previous episode. Its like my mind wants to always worry!  I know deep down it's all in my head but just needed to hear that someone else had gone through something like this?
Sound familiar anyone?
Thanks again.
Bookmark and Share