Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: very very strange symptom  (Read 160 times)

Offline chriscam1234

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
very very strange symptom
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:12:35 AM »
Hi all, my name is chris and I've suffered from health anxiety for about 6 years now.  I'm sure this has gone through my mind a few times, but this new symptom actually seems potentially life threatening. I'm gonna have to be very specific about this so that it is clear what i'm talking about. okay, so, I feel like I've had fading consciousness. About 5 days ago I was sitting on my couch, with my eyes closed but wide awake, with two thoughts on my mind at once. I was listening to music while contemplating going out to the kitchen, when suddenly I felt my heart drop, and I forgot what I was thinking about. More specifically, I felt like my thoughts just vanished into thin air, and I felt like my surroundings become suddenly very distant. I had no idea what I was thinking about or why I was even thinking. I just wanted to shut down and die. Then I went to my room and tried to ease the panic of not knowing what was going on. I felt my heart racing and skipping a beat every few seconds and I was so tired I couldn't even keep my eyes open. For the rest of the night I would sit there and be okay one minute then the next I would get that shocked feeling where I don't know what I was just thinking about, then I would go into a blank state of mind that's very hard to describe, but it's like running on autopilot until your mind is ready to turn back on. there were also times where I would be thinking, but I would know that I was in that state again because I would just feel it wave over me. Ever since that one time, I've been running a fever and have had that blank mind feeling every few minutes and it's getting worse. I've even been on the verge of fainting or feeling like I could no longer handle being awake and being forced to take in my surroundings. so basically, it's a faint feeling that causes me to want to collapse and it turns my mind off for a few seconds. I'm so worried I had a stroke, or I might be having seizures. Do you think I should go to er and have my brain tested, or is this actually a part of anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: very very strange symptom
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:22:55 AM »
Brain fog is pretty common with anxiety. Loosing your choo-choo train of thought seems like an anxiety thing to me.

Also, feeling like you're going to faint sounds like anxiety as well.
Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Tags: