Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So I was feeling well for almost a week, but can't seem to maintain it  (Read 181 times)

Offline rckstr1253

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I know I had a fear I had MS after my right arm got tingly/numb and started to ache a few days later, but then it spread to my left arm a week later with the same symptoms.  Fast forward 2 weeks, and the pain in my arms/hands went away for the most part but the occasional jolt of nerve pain.  Then I started to get a burning sensation like shin splints, and like the muscle was being torn from my shins.  After all that, the Hand doctor and my primary doctor diagnosed me with anxiety.  So I came to terms with the nerve pain being from anxiety and things were getting better, but today I woke up with muscle stiffness/pain in my lower back, and quads.  On top of that, I still seem to be getting headaches almost everyday, should I be worried that this may still be something more than anxiety/depression?
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety didn't happen overnight, it's not going away overnight.  I've experienced the same symptoms.  I'm sure you realized by now, you can tense up w/o knowing it; your muscles compress on your nerves and you get "jolts".  Breathing exercises and stretching has helped me.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Good point!  Yea I'm trying to not be anxious or anything. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Still having a hard time getting ms out of my head.   Idk what's wrong with me
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Still having a hard time getting ms out of my head.   Idk what's wrong with me

what is wrong is you have an anxiety disorder.   It not only affects you mentally but physically as well.

I could go into all that can occur with anxiety.  But I am, frankly, too  lazy to do that right now..... :winking0008:   SO  I am going to post a link to what I often tell people.

As I See It:  http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,60476.0.html

if you go on my profile page, you will see three links posted on it.  the above one is the first of the three.  the second one is my thread called "How I Got Better".  the third is "most common anxiety symptoms".    You can, if you  are so inclined, click on any or all of those.  Read the response as well.  there were some good convos between members

good luck and be well.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks for the links.  I will definitely read them = )
Bookmark and Share

Tags: