Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Joint swelling/pain for months  (Read 117 times)

Offline kindablue

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Joint swelling/pain for months
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:59:10 PM »
This is actually happening to my wife, not me, for once.  But I'm trying to do my best to figure this out.

A while back, she had some shooting leg pain.  Not enough to really scare us... and then it went away.  Recently, she noticed that she couldn't pull her wrist back too far without pain.  At times, her ankles will be swollen (different ankles at different times). When her ankle was swollen, we went to the ER to make sure it wasn't a blood clot since she had been on a long flight.  It wasn't.

She followed up with two different GPs who did blood, stool, and urine tests and also an x-ray of her leg.  All negative.  She also did ANA testing - negative except for weakly positive Lupus which the doctor assured us is not clinically significant.  She recommended to follow up with the rheumatologist.

What the heck could this be?  My wife has suffered from depression for a number of years and has taken Fluoxitine to treat it.  She's constantly in pain and claims that she can never get comfortable.  I hate seeing her in this much discomfort.  I don't want to jump to "it's just anxiety" ... based on the negative tests, is there something else we should be looking for? I do notice she is pretty restless when she sleeps but I don't know how this would cause swelling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kbernabe

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Joint swelling/pain for months
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 12:28:39 AM »
I dont know if this helps or not but I get constantly told that my stress levels make me have the pains I have... The mind is a powerful thing! But get a 2nd opinion from another doc just in case
Bookmark and Share

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Joint swelling/pain for months
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:24:53 AM »
a member on here had terrible terrible joint/tendon pain that turned out to just be anxiety.

Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Tags: