Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety turning into despression and Vice Versa  (Read 107 times)

Offline ANXY-WOR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety turning into despression and Vice Versa
« on: July 07, 2014, 12:00:43 PM »
So after countless tests, the doctor tells me I might just as well be dealing with anxiety. which after that I get prescribed Ativan only to work its effect temporarily. :( sad to say I thought that was going to be the solution to this wicked curse.  :( my symptoms turn from bad to worse. I might have a couple of good days, or even weeks, just to go back to square 1. when I get my headache/blurry vision/facial numbness...I assume brain cancer or tumor. when I get my tremors and body shaking I assume MS ASL, Parkinson's you name it. I don't know if I myself amplify these symptoms or they are really there. it's the lowest I feel and no one can reassure me otherwise. I feel horrible. I cant enjoy life, I can't picture the future since I don't know what it holds. I cant be a good wife, mother, sister or daughter. I feel ashamed to let others know what I go through. so I rather live in misery. I don't know what it feels like to feel "good"....I cant REMEMBER when's the last time I felt good. I depend on going to the doctor so much. I feel they might oversee my symptoms as they might just think its Anxiety. I want to be normal....I don't want to have to worry about my well being all the time. I just wanna be happy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety turning into despression and Vice Versa
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 03:40:34 PM »
I was and still am the same way to some extent.

Although I still deal with HA on a daily basis, since I stopped going to medical dr and started going to physiologist I'm feeling better and better each day.  I have setbacks but for the most part I feel like I'm making significant progress.

So accepting that anxiety just might be the real source of all the symptoms, and then doing something about it, might be very food for you.  I know it can be extremely tough to take the step, but couldn't be any tougher than dealing with HA everyday..

Bocephus
Bookmark and Share

Offline ANXY-WOR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety turning into despression and Vice Versa
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 03:56:16 PM »
it's true about changing from your doctor to a psychologist. I was seeing a therapist.....but I became too dependent on her, that I think she just prescribed me meds! :/
Bookmark and Share