Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My latest fear is.....  (Read 67 times)

Offline Caller1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My latest fear is.....
« on: July 07, 2014, 10:07:46 AM »
that I have a PE. I had some calf pain during the past few weeks which I saw a Dr about and he assured me it was not a DVT and now (either by mind or reality) I've started having chest pains. My wife is an RN and she constantly tells me that I'm ok and I don't have anything wrong but even as I sit here typing this I feel like I could fall out any moment. Can anyone relate?
Bookmark and Share

Offline avonleam1

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Island Livin'
    • Poke This Member
Re: My latest fear is.....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:29:01 AM »
I can relate to feeling that there is something catastrophically wrong with me and it causes me to have such anxiety that my chest gets tight and hurts. I know sometimes it's hard to hear the dr. tell you that nothing is wrong when you've convinced yourself something is. There is a great thread pinned on top of the forum that goes over physical symptoms that we can get from anxiety- you'd be surprised at all the ways anxiety manifests itself physically. When I was having chest pain last night (from anxiety about a heart issue- go figure), I read through that list and it really helped me work through those feelings- and surprise- the pain went away.

Edit//

The pinned thread is called "This list is a life saver"
Bookmark and Share
You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging. Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together. — Brene Brown

Offline Caller1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My latest fear is.....
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »
Thanks for the thread reference. I will check it out. I also have had the heart symptoms in the past and I've known I was done more than once. It turns out I do have palpitations but they are not dangerous, but it sure doesn't help when your heart misses beats and you also have HA.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: