Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Introductions are the worst!  (Read 49 times)

Offline MrManBeard

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introductions are the worst!
« on: July 06, 2014, 03:53:16 PM »
My Name is Jon and I suffer from Panic Attacks and Agoraphobia. That sounds like I'm at an AA meeting or something. So yeah, I'm 36 years old. I'm a husband and father. I have dealt with anxiety and panic attacks in various levels of severity for as long as I can remember. I had thing sunder 99% control for a long time but recently my panic attacks have comer back and caused some agoraphobia.
Right now I'm focused on finding ways to get back to a place where I feel in control of my life again. I am meditating and taking care of my physical health to try and help me feel better. I'm also, for the first time, embracing being an introvert. I'm no longer making apologies for not wanting to do certain things that most people see as pleasurable. I enjoy my quiet and solitude.
So I thought I would join this forum because I've never really talked to others about their anxiety and panic attacks. I honestly still have this feeling in the back of my head that how I feel is different from everyone else and I think It would do me some good to learn some perspective. also I know that I'm in a better place than lots of other people that suffer and maybe I have some words that can be helpful.

Thanks
Jon
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introductions are the worst!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:21:25 PM »
Hi Jon!  I'm recently new to these forums and already they've been a tremendous help to see and talk with other people going through all this.   I also suffer from panic attacks and agoraphobia.   Although I had no idea that's what it was until the past couple of months.   To me the hardest part was feeling that no one understood me and doctors didn't believe my symptoms.  In all honestly, they correctly guessed it was anxiety long before I accepted it.  I'm also trying to feel in control again and trying to take care of my physical health.   I wouldn't say I'm an introvert, but there's been a drastic change in how I am socially and what I do to enjoy myself over the past couple of years because of anxiety and what I'm feeling or what I fear I will feel, etc.   Anyway, I hope you find the same comfort from these forums as I have.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introductions are the worst!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 02:33:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: