Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: numbness tip of little toe......please help!  (Read 92 times)

Offline RYN079

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
numbness tip of little toe......please help!
« on: July 06, 2014, 11:01:01 AM »
Hi everyone, to some it may sound stupid but I am literally obsessing and sincerely worried as I have a strange feeling at the tip of my left little toe.  It feels like it is somewhat numb but I still can feel me touching it.  I also have sciatic pain in my left buttock/back/thigh, especially when I bend.  All this started about a month ago after I hurt my back.  I read that spinal cancers are usually very painful especially when lying down at night and I am in no pain but could this be the beginning of it?  Or could it be als  or  ms?

Please advise as I am so afraid and worried.
Bookmark and Share

Offline RYN079

• Poke This Member
Re: numbness tip of little toe......please help!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 04:55:29 PM »
No one has experienced what I am feeling?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 05:30:08 PM »
In January or February I was cleaning and jammed my finger straight on into a doorjam...   after that the tip of my ring finger was numb (but like you said, I could FEEL it, it would just have this WEIRD sensation when I'd use that hand, especially taking clothes out of the washing machine!   It felt like that all the time - just 2 days ago I realized that "numb" feeling is gone - so you MAY have hurt that toe - whether you remember or not.  How long has this been going on?  It could last MONTHS.  I doubt it has to do with the sciatic nerve, but who knows!  I still say you may have jammed it at one point. (didn't even have to be hard, just enough to hurt the nerves in the toe.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 205
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »
as you we are not doctors.

however I go through bouts of sciatica.  and it can be miserable.  I don't have MS, ALS or spinal cancer.  My son, for years, has had sciatic pain to the point he can barely move.  He doesn't have MS or ALS or spinal cancer.  we finally took him to a spinal ortho docc.  he has two vertebrae that didn't completely fuse.  apparently a common thing.  for some it can cause sciatic pain.   oh well.

the tip of your toe?  You can not jump to dire conclusions by that.  The outside of my right big toe is numb due to localized nerve impingement---for years.  My second and third toes on my left foot were numb and I had shocking pain there due to morton's neuroma.  they were numb for a long time.  the neuroma appeared about two years ago.  I assumed they were still numb but just checked and they aren't right now.  However they were for months anyway.  the neuroma hasn't bothered me in a while so it is likely not inflamed, hence why the toes are not numb...
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline RYN079

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 05:45:29 PM »
Thanks six pack.  Much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 05:47:43 PM »
I dont know what is, but is certainly is not something to pay so big attention to, and one thing is absolutely sure, it is not ms, nor it is als, you are fine :)
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Tags: